ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s Kim Reynolds endorses Donald Trump after Super Tuesday victories

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Traitor:

Republican Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds endorsed a rival of Donald Trump in the Iowa GOP caucuses, but threw her support behind the former president Wednesday after he nearly swept Super Tuesday presidential nominating contests.

“Joe Biden has been a disaster for our country. Higher prices, inflation, an open border, crime, and the destruction of America’s image on the world stage,” Reynolds posted Wednesday afternoon on the social media platform X.

“I will do everything to defeat him and elect Donald J. Trump for President of the United States!” she wrote, following it with an American flag emoji.

About two months before Iowa’s Republican caucuses, Reynolds — in an unusual move for any sitting Iowa governor leading up to the caucuses — endorsed a presidential candidate: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“To be quite honest, he is one of the most effective leaders I have ever seen,” Reynolds said of DeSantis in November. “We need someone who will fight for you and win for you, someone who won’t get distracted but will stay disciplined, who puts his country first and not himself. That leader is Ron DeSantis.”

When Trump heard of the news of her endorsement, he called Reynolds “disloyal” and said on social media that it would be the "the end of her political career." He also took out TV ads in response, showing Reynolds praising him in previous rallies, dating back to 2016.

DeSantis came in a distant second in the Iowa Republican caucuses in January and soon dropped out of the race. On Tuesday, Trump won more than a dozen Republican nominating contests, which pushed his last main rival — former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley — from the GOP presidential race.

Actively throwing your support behind an adjudicated sexual assaulter takes a lot of courage - especially for a female politician.

Kudos to Kim for showing some bravery here.

230712-trump-kim-reynolds-mb-1130-e32978.jpg

Kim is weak. In a really weird way I'd have more respect for her if she never stopped endorsing him to begin with. Show a spine one way or another.

She thought Ron would be the pick and she'd be VP. How stupid was she. Ron dropped out in like a week.

She thought Ron would be the pick and she'd be VP. How stupid was she. Ron dropped out in like a week.
He always came off to me as a good Governor but a potential "so-so" Prez. Kind of like how some good to great OC/DC's are average to bad Head Coaches.

Kim is weak. In a really weird way I'd have more respect for her if she never stopped endorsing him to begin with. Show a spine one way or another.
everything is transactional with trump though. she endorsed desantis, so trump trashed her. as soon as she goes back to endorsing him, trump will support her which helps her politically.

Traitor:

Republican Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds endorsed a rival of Donald Trump in the Iowa GOP caucuses, but threw her support behind the former president Wednesday after he nearly swept Super Tuesday presidential nominating contests.

“Joe Biden has been a disaster for our country. Higher prices, inflation, an open border, crime, and the destruction of America’s image on the world stage,” Reynolds posted Wednesday afternoon on the social media platform X.

“I will do everything to defeat him and elect Donald J. Trump for President of the United States!” she wrote, following it with an American flag emoji.

About two months before Iowa’s Republican caucuses, Reynolds — in an unusual move for any sitting Iowa governor leading up to the caucuses — endorsed a presidential candidate: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“To be quite honest, he is one of the most effective leaders I have ever seen,” Reynolds said of DeSantis in November. “We need someone who will fight for you and win for you, someone who won’t get distracted but will stay disciplined, who puts his country first and not himself. That leader is Ron DeSantis.”

When Trump heard of the news of her endorsement, he called Reynolds “disloyal” and said on social media that it would be the "the end of her political career." He also took out TV ads in response, showing Reynolds praising him in previous rallies, dating back to 2016.

DeSantis came in a distant second in the Iowa Republican caucuses in January and soon dropped out of the race. On Tuesday, Trump won more than a dozen Republican nominating contests, which pushed his last main rival — former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley — from the GOP presidential race.

Not an authoritarian skank.

He’s still going to publicly humiliate her at some point. You can count on that. Trump’s reptilian brain cannot allow any real or perceived slight to go unpunished. He will do a rally in Iowa, and either insult her on stage, or as she sits offstage, and the camera will cut to her awkwardly clapping and smiling. He must punish her for supporting DeSantis over him.

I think she was down to two options and simply chose the one that had any upside.

Like many, she was counting on DJT being in prison.

Reactions: Tom Paris
A winning endorsement and a fair representation/voice for the people of Iowa at large!

The Wishy-Washy Wicked Witch of the West is back in the saddle boys and girls! What a miserable governor and an even worse human being (barely human).

She should be required to wear a sandwich board everywhere she goes that reads, "I'm a Whore, nothing more".

Reactions: hawkbirch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT