ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to Congressional Democrats, piss off

theiacowtipper

HR Legend
Feb 17, 2004
In a stunning display of partisanship, the White House has told government agencies to ignore Congressional Democrats request for oversite information, unless the request is also signed by a Republican. Can you imagine the angst on the right if Obama had told the state department to ignore Benghazi, or the request for information on the IRS "scandal"?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ersight-requests-democrats-white-house-239034

Reactions: cigaretteman
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Django Unchained....."and I take it you prefer the take it or leave it style of negotiation?"

If Obama had done this the right would have accused him of acting like a dictator and trying to divide the country in the most disgusting way possible.

The Republican party is a joke. They refuse to call Trump out for his juvenile bullshit and instead make excuses. Party of responsibility my ass.

If Obama had done this the right would have accused him of acting like a dictator and trying to divide the country in the most disgusting way possible.

The Republican party is a joke. They refuse to call Trump out for his juvenile bullshit and instead make excuses. Party of responsibility my ass.
The friction will come from Senator Burr. House Republicans are fine being door mats. What happens when Burr asks for more and more stuff and Trump says nyet?

This Trump presidency may work out very well for us who feel the Presidency has been accumulating too much power at the expense of the Legislative Branch.

Hopefully Congress will get back to being an equal part of government instead of seceding their power to the Executive Branch.

In a stunning display of partisanship, the White House has told government agencies to ignore Congressional Democrats request for oversite information, unless the request is also signed by a Republican. Can you imagine the angst on the right if Obama had told the state department to ignore Benghazi, or the request for information on the IRS "scandal"?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ersight-requests-democrats-white-house-239034
Well, Dems control NO committees and don't really have a leg to stand on. Just because your in the House doesn't give you the authority to request info

I would imagine the angst would be similar to the left's angst over this, right?

This Trump presidency may work out very well for us who feel the Presidency has been accumulating too much power at the expense of the Legislative Branch.

Hopefully Congress will get back to being an equal part of government instead of seceding their power to the Executive Branch.
Do you realize that what you just stated is 100 percent the opposite of what Trump is doing here?

Well, Dems control NO committees and don't really have a leg to stand on. Just because your in the House doesn't give you the authority to request info
Untrue. The Executive Branch has an obligation as a co-equal in our system to allow oversight. There is no codified rule that a minority party member needs a chaperone to ask a simple question.

Reactions: Huey Grey
looks bipartisan to me: two sigs required, one from each side. 50-50. instead of unilateral

you guys are unhinged

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT