ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Hotel

Exo

HR MVP
Mar 6, 2013
PNW
Good morning Cess,

My friend was notified by the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa that they double booked our 2 hotel rooms with a college team's reserved block. So currently we're stuck holding the bag.

Anyone have or know of anyone holding spare rooms downtown.

Good morning Cess,

My friend was notified by the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa that they double booked our 2 hotel rooms with a college team's reserved block. So currently we're stuck holding the bag.

giphy.gif

The company the NCAA put in charge of selling their tickets and downtown hotel rooms. No way they sellout at $3900/per. They will eventually release some rooms.

That's such a frustrating situation to be in. It's always a bummer when a hotel double books rooms, especially when you've made prior arrangements. Have you tried checking out other hotels in the area? Maybe there are some good deals to be found at other places, or perhaps there are some hotels that have availability for the dates you need. That's how I found the gold coast hotel, which was even better than my initial booking. If you're open to it, you might also want to consider booking an Airbnb or other short-term rental. That can sometimes be a more affordable and flexible option

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutt15
There is a Residence Inn Midtown (70K) and Courtyard Central (64K) available on VERY cheap Marriott pts right now vs the cash rate. About 6 miles from venue.

Reactions: Exo
I was shocked how cheap hotels in Tulsa were if you were willing to drive a few miles. Rooms at not super sketch hotels less than $100/night.

Your typical low budget hotel along an interstate is at least $150 these days.

I found one last week for under $200 for Wed thru Fri nights and a 7.2 rating. Good enough for two guys to shower and crash in.

• Haha
OK, Jerry. Me and my son. Just meant no women along to require nicer accommodations. I know, I'm just digging deeper with every sentence, if you have a seventh-grade mindset.

This was in reply to a removed post that said," NTTAWWT"

Last edited:
Reactions: ping72
There is a Residence Inn Midtown (70K) and Courtyard Central (64K) available on VERY cheap Marriott pts right now vs the cash rate. About 6 miles from venue.

That’s what we had to do. Going to Lyft to the sessions and see how that goes.

We have an absolute shit hole now like 7 miles south I think. Hoping something opens up down town.

That’s what we had to do. Going to Lyft to the sessions and see how that goes.
My friends and I got an AirBnb just outside of Columbia, MO a month ago. Huge place and cheap because it was out of town. Took Uber the whole time. It is the best way to go.

Good morning Cess,

Holiday Inn Express & Suites: Tulsa Midtown​

I actually wouldn't mind an hour drive for a free room. What's your address? I could "watch" the place for ya at night and maybe decorate a bit with some Hawkeye decor.
My Anatolian/Mastiff mix wouldn't like that idea-he seems to think he watches the house fine. Doesnt like yellow colored stuff. But, if you want to brave it :D maybe you two could work out a deal.

Sorry to hear about your double booking situation with the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa. That's definitely not a fun position to be in, especially when you were looking forward to a nice stay in Tulsa. I'm not personally aware of any spare rooms downtown, but have you considered checking out the Jungle Vista Boutique Hotel? I know how stressful it can be to have to scramble for new accommodations last minute, but I hope you're able to find something that works out for you. Next time, I think it's a good idea to think through situations like this in advance. After all, it's important for a quality vacation.

Last edited:
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about your double booking issue with the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa. That sounds like a real bummer. I hope you're able to find alternative accommodations that suit your needs. If you're still looking, I recently stumbled upon a website - hotels 18 check in where you can book hotels at great rates. It's been really helpful for me when I've had to travel on a budget. Give it a shot. Also, I'm new to this forum, so I'm still getting the hang of things. Hope you have a great day!

Last edited:
That's definitely a frustrating situation with the double booking at the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa. It happens occasionally with online booking systems, but don't worry, there are usually options available even on short notice.
In similar situations, I've had luck finding spare rooms downtown by checking out different hotel booking websites or even reaching out to local hotels directly. Sometimes they might have last-minute cancellations or availability that's not listed online. That's how I had an amazing experience staying in a hotel in Prague. It was located in the historic old town, and the hotel itself had a fascinating history. Exploring the charming streets and immersing myself in the rich culture of the city was truly unforgettable.

Last edited:
That's definitely a frustrating situation with the double booking at the Hyatt Place Downtown Tulsa. It happens occasionally with online booking systems, but don't worry, there are usually options available even on short notice.
In similar situations, I've had luck finding spare rooms downtown by checking out different hotel booking websites or even reaching out to local hotels directly.
Another freaking bot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT