ADVERTISEMENT

Turgeon the new Fran?

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:
Dude just got T'd again. I believe that 4 this year at LEAST..
At least he (Turgeon) did not throw a chair.

hqdefault.jpg

These guys are extremely competitive. Some times they let their temper get the best of them. I can assure you Groce was twice as bad as Fran when they were at Carver Hawkeye and no technical. Izzo is always barking at the refs with no T. Collins seems to keep his composure pretty well but most of the BIG coaches get amped up.

Might have something to do with BIG refs, there are some good ones but some are not very good. Make calls when they are out of position.

I'm thinking McCaffery only got two T's all year and his courtside demeanor was extremely toned down this season. I've watched games where certain coaches could have easily gotten two T's in a half this season, but weren't called for any. Of course, the Big Ten would assure us that there is no double standard when it comes to coaches in-game behavior.

Originally posted by Ronman:
I'm thinking McCaffery only got two T's all year and his courtside demeanor was extremely toned down this season. I've watched games where certain coaches could have easily gotten two T's in a half this season, but weren't called for any. Of course, the Big Ten would assure us that there is no double standard when it comes to coaches in-game behavior.
Cough, Groce, Cough.

Still unbelievable he didn't get a single one that game. Or that his big guys didn't get charged with assault after the game.

Originally posted by GunnerHawk:
These guys are extremely competitive. Some times they let their temper get the best of them. I can assure you Groce was twice as bad as Fran when they were at Carver Hawkeye and no technical. Izzo is always barking at the refs with no T. Collins seems to keep his composure pretty well but most of the BIG coaches get amped up.

Might have something to do with BIG refs, there are some good ones but some are not very good. Make calls when they are out of position.
Anybody see him and Steratore (NFL official) get into on Saturday?? They were both yelling at each other and no Technical?

I mean there were some cuss words being exchanged by both Izzo & Steratore. Both of them were yelling at each other and no technical?

Fran got a T on Saturday for arguing a call. Miles & Turgeon both get T'd up last night. Meanwhile Izzo & Bo Ryan just walk all over the officials. They have to have some pull in the league office. Neither of these guys gets T'd up at all.

abides get it straight Fran did not "THROW" that chair he "SLAMMED" get it right dirt bag. {that was in my best Police Academy dirt bag voice}

It's a tenure/pecking-order thing. Turgeon is a first-year coach in the league, Miles is only a few years in, Fran seems to have turned the corner. Each should expect more leeway with the refs each year going forward, though probably not to the extent Izzo and Bo get. It's extremely dumb but part of program-building I suppose. And no more or less arbitrary than almost anything else surrounding officiating the college game.

Kind of like how NBA rookies get whistled completely different than vets, only because they're rookies and have to "pay their dues."

Originally posted by Ronman:
Saturday was Fran's first technical.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

abides get it straight Fran did not "THROW" that chair he "SLAMMED" get it right dirt bag. {that was in my best Police Academy dirt bag voice}
slammed:

to dash, strike, knock, thrust, throw, slap down, etc., with violent and noisy impact:
He slammed his books upon the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT