ADVERTISEMENT

Turned on the end of today's press briefing...

Not going to lie, It was a bitch making sure I inhaled one into each lung but I got er done.
18w-cree-led-work-light-bar-motorcycle-tractor-boat-offroad-4wd-4x4-motor-bike-truck-suv-atv-spot-flood-beam-lamp-12v-24v.jpg

Today's presser was especially disturbing.

You know Trump is feeling the heat when he went into his five minute rant at the end and stormed off the stage.

Attacking Kaitlyn Collins was really strange. She's one of the most "matter of fact" reporters in that room.

Oh... and this... Oswald!

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Today's presser was especially disturbing.

You know Trump is feeling the heat when he went into his five minute rant at the end and stormed off the stage.

Attacking Kaitlyn Collins was really strange. She's one of the most "matter of fact" reporters in that room.

Oh... and this... Oswald!

And she's good looking, so I was really surprised.

Reactions: mnole03
Uhhhh...

Any Trumpturds around who could make sense of this? @Lone Clone ? @RNHawk? @haw-key?

Tin hat man @ottumwan in tx?

Dafuq, guys?
I missed the actual comment and have only heard about it today. So no opinion. What I do know is he needs to stop ad libbing about medical stuff. Period. Dude doesn’t know shit about it. Know enough to shut up. Now I hope he was sarcastic ....

I missed the actual comment and have only heard about it today. So no opinion. What I do know is he needs to stop ad libbing about medical stuff. Period. Dude doesn’t know shit about it. Know enough to shut up. Now I hope he was sarcastic ....

Honestly, Trump and Biden are the best we got?

I can't remember the thread, but you'll probably be amused to read I articulated the possibility of voting Trump this fall and all Dems in other races. I'm serious too.

Reactions: haw-key
Honestly, Trump and Biden are the best we got?

I can't remember the thread, but you'll probably be amused to read I articulated the possibility of voting Trump this fall and all Dems in other races. I'm serious too.
I am surprised yes.

I do 100% agree. This is the best we have?

The problem is, I believe, that the financial and background rectal exam that goes on for people who are running makes it very difficult for normal people to have interest in going through that sort of pain even if they have extensive aptitude or experience. So the only people you get are massive overt or covert narcissists who aren’t deterred by the above. Hence we get Trump.

Hes a bull$hitter and thinks he can BS his way through any topic , he cant.

I
I am surprised yes.

The problem is, I believe, that the financial and background rectal exam that goes on for people who are running makes it very difficult for normal people to have interest in going through that sort of pain even if they have extensive aptitude or experience. So the only people you get are massive overt or covert narcissists who aren’t deterred by the above. Hence we get Trump.
well that's true but its also true that the puppets we see aren't in charge of much. The real powers hidden behind the curtain "choose" our leaders for us.

If you ever get a real grass roots man of the people, you get a Huey Long ending or a JFK.

There should be no professional politicians, there should be lay people citizen representatives like the founders intended : teachers, farmers, policeman, doctors, etc......not Lawyers.

I am surprised yes.

Yeah, I'm serious.

Here's my thinking:

1) We will survive four more years of Trump.

2) The second round of scandals and impeachment hubbub will be worth the price of admission.

3) A President Biden will be a one-term president. And he'd still be leaving office as an octogenarian (assuming the 25th Amendment hasn't been invoked by then).

4) By 2024, the country will have serious Trump/Republican fatigue. And it will give the Democrats a second chance at redemption, to pull their heads out and nominate a Gen Xer who is bright and engaging, like an Andrew Yang.

I am surprised yes.

The problem is, I believe, that the financial and background rectal exam that goes on for people who are running makes it very difficult for normal people to have interest in going through that sort of pain even if they have extensive aptitude or experience.
Yeah, I'm serious.

Here's my thinking:

1) We will survive four more years of Trump.

2) The second round of scandals and impeachment hubbub will be worth the price of admission.

3) A President Biden will be a one-term president. And he'd still be leaving office as an octogenarian (assuming the 25th Amendment hasn't been invoked by then).

4) By 2024, the country will have serious Trump/Republican fatigue. And it will give the Democrats a second chance at redemption, to pull their heads out and nominate a Gen Xer who is bright and engaging, like an Andrew Yang.

Ha well I’m not sure I agree with much of it but a reasoned post in any case. MAGA! Lol.

Ha well I’m not sure I agree with much of it but a reasoned post in any case. MAGA! Lol.

What's your rebuttal for #1 and #3?

And I challenge you to offer a cogent argument against #4, at least the first half.

With respect to #2, should we get President Pussygrabber Part II, grab your popcorn.

What's your rebuttal for #1 and #3?

And I challenge you to offer a cogent argument against #4, at least the first half.

With respect to #2, should we get President Pussygrabber Part II, grab your popcorn.
I get your point. Realistically, I can't imagine an election in which Trump is returned to office and the Democrats hold the House.

I get your point. Realistically, I can't imagine an election in which Trump is returned to office and the Democrats hold the House.

Isn't that historically how it works?

The incumbent party generally wins the presidency but loses seats in Congress. Of course, a lot also hinges on what seats are up for grabs. For example, and I know you mentioned the House, but there is next to no chance of Doug Jones keeping his Senate seat, whether Trump is re-elected or not.

In short, show me a list of House seats being contested, and I could probably accurately guess if the Democrats will maintain control of the House or not.

Also, a lot can happen between now and November, but I'm going to guess the electoral map stays the same with the exceptions of Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Pennsylvania. Trump likely keeps Ohio and Florida.

That should make for some interesting drama.

Isn't that historically how it works?

The incumbent party generally wins the presidency but loses seats in Congress. Of course, a lot also hinges on what seats are up for grabs. For example, and I know you mentioned the House, but there is next to no chance of Doug Jones keeping his Senate seat, whether Trump is re-elected or not.

In short, show me a list of House seats being contested, and I could probably accurately guess if the Democrats will maintain control of the House or not.

Also, a lot can happen between now and November, but I'm going to guess the electoral map stays the same with the exceptions of Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Pennsylvania. Trump likely keeps Ohio and Florida.

That should make for some interesting drama.
My guess is that feelings about Trump are going to be a key to at least two, and maybe three, congressional races in Iowa.Maybe I'm making a mistake by extrapolating that to the country as a whole.

If Trump is voted out... there's no way in hell the GOP regains the House.

If Biden is elected, as I fully expect, I would say the mid terms in 2022 would be good for the Republicans, as mid terms generally favor the Party not in the WH.

Most intriguing for me is if the Dems can win the Senate.

My guess is that feelings about Trump are going to be a key to at least two, and maybe three, congressional races in Iowa.Maybe I'm making a mistake by extrapolating that to the country as a whole.

Quite possibly.

The South is about as tribal as it is religious.

Down there, Trump is spoken of in more glowing terms than John the Baptist.

If Trump is voted out... there's no way in hell the GOP regains the House.

If Biden is elected, as I fully expect, I would say the mid terms in 2022 would be good for the Republicans, as mid terms generally favor the Party not in the WH.

Most intriguing for me is if the Dems can win the Senate.
Oh, I agree with all that, except fully expecting Biden to win. I would bet on him at this point, but not the house.

Oh, I agree with all that, except fully expecting Biden to win. I would bet on him at this point, but not the house.
I just think we have a Jimmy Carter scenario shaping up for an incumbent President. I can't believe there are any undecided voters at this time, and pissed off voters usually have a big turnout in Presidential elections. And <45% approval only six months out is a really bad sign for Republicans.

Reactions: Fluffles

The only reason I agree Biden is a slight favorite at this point is because time over the summer and fall will hurt Trump more than Biden. It's almost a reversal of roles in that time hurt Hillary in 2016, as more people were forced to think about her emails and corruption leading into Comey's 11th hour announcement regarding "new developments" into the email investigation.

This fall, many will have to digest nightly clips and images of Trump's performances at these coronavirus briefings. Depending how this pandemic plays out, such as if more spikes or greater death trends occur down the road, Trump is likely going to look very bad when America looks back on all of this. Very very bad.

With that said, if something damning comes out before the election against Joe Biden on the level of "grab 'em by the pussy," Biden won't survive it, unlike Trump in 2016. Biden just doesn't have that great of fanfare and cult-like following that Trump enjoyed and still does today. People would abandon Joe in a heartbeat.

I just think we have a Jimmy Carter scenario shaping up for an incumbent President. I can't believe there are any undecided voters at this time, and pissed off voters usually have a big turnout in Presidential elections. And <45% approval only six months out is a really bad sign for Republicans.

No, we have a potential Al Gore/W scenario taking place.

Trump will lose no one in his base, all of whom will enthusiastically go to the polls for him. Joe's voter turnout will be iffy. And due to concerns with Joe's cognitive decline, there will be plenty of 3rd party votes.

Biden will most likely win the popular vote and flip states like Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. My guess is Trump keeps Ohio and Florida and obviously all the other red states.

Depending how close the vote is in those battleground states, you have great potential for an ugly, long drawn out court battle with God knows when it all being settled.

At this point, the likelihood of either one winning in a landslide is small, regardless of what OIT says.

No, we have a potential Al Gore/W scenario taking place.

Trump will lose no one in his base, all of whom will enthusiastically go to the polls for him. Joe's voter turnout will be iffy. And due to concerns with Joe's cognitive decline, there will be plenty of 3rd party votes.

Biden will most likely win the popular vote and flip states like Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. My guess is Trump keeps Ohio and Florida and obviously all the other red states.

Depending how close the vote is in those battleground states, you have great potential for an ugly, long drawn out court battle with God knows when it all being settled.

At this point, the likelihood of either one winning in a landslide is small, regardless of what OIT says.
I'm not following... PA/WI/MI were decided by <80,000 votes, total. Those numbers weren't contested? And those three States you listed for Joe guarantees a win for Biden. Dems don't even need Florida or Ohio. And people are voting AGAINST Trump just as much as they are voting FOR Joe.

I think people now realize a vote for 3rd Party is a wasted vote. I see no scenario where Trump can win.

I'm not following... PA/WI/MI were decided by <80,000 votes, total. Those numbers weren't contested? And those three States you listed for Joe guarantees a win for Biden. Dems don't even need Florida or Ohio. And people are voting AGAINST Trump just as much as they are voting FOR Joe.

I think people now realize a vote for 3rd Party is a wasted vote. I see no scenario where Trump can win.

The states I listed are battleground states that went to Trump in 2016. My prediction is of those states listed, Biden will flip four (MI, IA, WI, and PA), while Trump will likely keep two (OH and FL).

As of right now, I'm picking Biden to win both the popular vote and EC, as I seconded what LC wrote. I thought that was clear. My point is Trump will contest those battleground states that end up being close, claiming voter fraud and a long list of other charges. Trump likely will not accept the election results and will take his case all the way to the Supreme Court. When none of his stalling tactics work, he will hold a press conference blaming the media and corruption in our voting system, declare himself the real winner despite the fake news media and so-called phony election, and leave the White House in protest.

That's what I mean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT