ADVERTISEMENT

Two Iowa cities among happiest cities in America

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Two cities in Iowa are considered among the happiest cities in America, but unfortunately for Iowans, those cities aren’t taking any top spots.

Personal finance company WalletHub announced its 2024 happiest cities in America report on Feb. 27, highlighting 182 cities across the country that were measured by factors such as life expectancy, job satisfaction and 27 other metrics.

How does Des Moines rank among happiest cities in America?​

The state's capital city came in at No. 72 in the report.

Residents head outside as they enjoy the warmer weather as afternoon temperatures rise to 48 degrees Monday, Jan. 29, 2024, at Gray's Lake Park in Des Moines.

Des Moines is home to several cultural and entertainment offerings including Hoyt Sherman Place, the Des Moines Civic Center, the Des Moines Art Center and the Wells Fargo Arena.

With a population estimate of 211,034 as of July 2022, the median household income from 2018 to 2022 was $62,378, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The employment rate was nearly 70% for the same period of people 16 and older, and the average travel time to work for the same period and worker age group is only about 20 minutes.

What other Iowa city is among the happiest?​

Buildings are pictured along the skyline from Interstate 380, Sunday, April 28, 2019, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Cedar Rapids is located in Linn County, the second-most populous county in Iowa.

Cedar Rapids beat Des Moines, ranking 45 on the list.

The eastern Iowa city has a population of 136,429, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. It is home to several cultural attractions such as the National Czech & Slovak Museum, historic mansion Brucemore and the African American Museum of Iowa.

About 69% of people age 16 and older living in Cedar Rapids were employed between 2018 and 2022, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, and the median household income was $66,895 during this period.

Plus, having an airport located within the city also provides convenient travel options.

Four cities in California nabbed positions in the top 10, with Silicon Valley city Fremont taking the lead. One reason it’s the happiest city in the country is having the lowest separation and divorce rate in the country at 8.9%, according to WalletHub.

Three of Iowa's border states were represented in the top 15. Those cities are Madison, Wisconsin (No. 4), Sioux Falls, South Dakota (No. 11) and Minneapolis (No. 13).

Pretty easy to be happy in a deep red state if you keep your nose clean and earn your own way……

Always with the negativity. It must be exhausting to wake up and scroll for items to be angry about.

Stop projecting lucas.

Heading to any state parks today? Just be sure to enjoy them and lay off the letter to the editor gripes.

Pretty easy to be happy in a deep red state if you keep your nose clean and earn your own way……
The happiest city in Iowa and the only one in the top 50 is #7 on this list…

liberals_2_map.png

..,and the top ten happiest cities are mostly liberal bastions: San Jose, San Francisco, Fremont, Madison, Honolulu, Columbia, Irvine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
The happiest city in Iowa and the only one in the top 50 is #7 on this list…

liberals_2_map.png

..,and the top ten happiest cities are mostly liberal bastions.
Comparing general happiness to the simple and sick minds of liberals? That's a stretch even for you. Funny, the top 10 on your list are basically 3rd world sewers now.......to normal, average, hard-working Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Comparing general happiness to the simple and sick minds of liberals? That's a stretch even for you. Funny, the top 10 on your list are basically 3rd world sewers now.......to normal, average, hard-working Americans.
You thinking you have any grasp on “normal”. 😂 😂😂

Stop projecting lucas.

Heading to any state parks today? Just be sure to enjoy them and lay off the letter to the editor gripes.

Says the guy who saw a positive story about DSM, actually went and searched for a negative story, posted it, and then claimed that … someone else was projecting.

Really strong work again Northern.

Says the guy who saw a positive story about DSM, actually went and searched for a negative story, posted it, and then claimed that … someone else was projecting.

Really strong work again Northern.
Northern is the least self-aware poster here. I get the feeling @Here_4_a_Day knows he’s a sorry loser, but Northern actually thinks he’s clever while continually embarrassing himself with hypocrisy like this.

Northern is the least self-aware poster here. I get the feeling @Here_4_a_Day knows he’s a sorry loser, but Northern actually thinks he’s clever while continually embarrassing himself with hypocrisy like this.
Coming from a "guy?" who [feels] men can have little, pink babies, I'll take that as a vote of confidence!

Coming from a "guy?" who [feels] men can have little, pink babies, I'll take that as a vote of confidence!
See. You invent claims no one here makes. Because you know you have nothing and are inherently on the side of illogic. A loser who knows that he is.

You know my long held theory on Northern, right?

He’s a psychological masochist.

I believe he derives sexual pleasure from being humiliated when others point out his idiocy.

It’s really the only thing that explains why he keeps coming back for more abuse after being proven stupid and wrong over and over and over again.

I sometimes feel a little guilty making fun of his stupidity, because I know I’m feeding his perversion.

You know my long held theory on Northern, right?

He’s a psychological masochist.

I believe he derives sexual pleasure from being humiliated when others point out his idiocy.

It’s really the only thing that explains why he keeps coming back for more abuse after being proven stupid and wrong over and over and over again.

I sometimes feel a little guilty making fun of his stupidity, because I know I’m feeding his perversion.

No kink shaming …

Stop projecting lucas.

Good one. You woke up this morning and started pissing and moaning. You are totally a huge Iowa fan but didn’t post in the game threads. Every post I can see today is you pissing and moaning about something or thinking you are being clever, all in political threads. There are people I don’t like politically here, but can converse with in any number of threads like ones about the Cubs or Bears, who should play James Bond. Where to go and eat dinner at in some city. How the wife and kids are doing. The I went golfing with some buddies today threads. The long rambling threads by Joel about what’s on TCM.
You’ve got nothing. This isn’t for you. Pissing and moaning, being a victim, and getting your fanny paddled red when you try and be clever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT