ADVERTISEMENT

UC Berkeley Professor Say Rural Americans are ‘Bad People’

A lot of rural people have been saying a lot of mean things about California and higher education for years. Maybe there's just @ssholes wherever you go?
Interesting statement considering California has lots of rural areas where a LOT of our food is grown.
This kid has lots of growing up to do. He's walked back a lot of what he said, BTW.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
You know, not all opinions on the internet are important or valid. You don't need to keep posting them here.

But I guess if you don't post intentionally divisive articles on these forums then your Russian masters won't pay you or you may even be punished.

Maybe California is just rolling up their sleeves and fighting back. How long has rural America been shit talkin' California? It's been awhile now.

So by this, you're confessing that rural Americans have been ignorant for attacking Californians?
I will only stipulate that some people have attacked California's political climate and policies.
I know nothing of others geographic locations.

Maybe California is just rolling up their sleeves and fighting back. How long has rural America been shit talkin' California? It's been awhile now.
They taxing those sleeves yet? Asking for a friend...

You know, not all opinions on the internet are important or valid. You don't need to keep posting them here.

But I guess if you don't post intentionally divisive articles on these forums then your Russian masters won't pay you or you may even be punished.
Weird. Only Ciggy liked this. I never know when to use the word "ironic".

Weird. Only Ciggy liked this. I never know when to use the word "ironic".

His articles don't come from propaganda sites and the articles are designed to create division. That's probably too subtle of a difference for most Trump baggers to pick up on though.

His articles don't come from propaganda sites and the articles are designed to create division. That's probably too subtle of a difference for most Trump baggers to pick up on though.

So, when ciggy posts the words "Deplorable" with every other post that cast aspersions on only one side, you don't think it's to create division? LOL...that's funny.

Reactions: SIXERS24
So, when ciggy posts the words "Deplorable" with every other post that cast aspersions on only one side, you don't think it's to create division? LOL...that's funny.

Well, when that's used with actions like extorting foreign countries for personal benefit and describing people who find these actions acceptable, then it's a pretty accurate description. Just because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean it's wrong and patriotic Americans don't need to accept that.

In other words, you like the propaganda he pastes so it’s different

Most of the stuff Ciggy posts doesn't distort facts to the point of being propaganda. But sure, continue to focus on other people instead of what this poster is doing. Gullible sap.

Interesting statement considering California has lots of rural areas where a LOT of our food is grown.
This kid has lots of growing up to do. He's walked back a lot of what he said, BTW.

What's interesting about a bunch of people generalizing large groups of people from areas that are thousands of miles away from where they sit?

Reactions: goldmom
A lot of rural people have been saying a lot of mean things about California and higher education for years. Maybe there's just @ssholes wherever you go?
Link to college instructors doing so? Its one thing for uncle Pete at the coffee shop, it's another for a college prof isnt it?
He's not just criticizing, hes openly calling for shaming and bullying rural Americans.
Sub "inner city minorities" for "rural people" in his comments and dude would be unemployed immediately. Double standard.

I readily praise all areas of the country (especially CA), except for the industrial north east, it just feels miserable in those parts every time I visit.

Since I am still in Iowa obviously the Mid-West is currently the best area of the country after that it goes PAC-NW (NOCAll up), Rockies region, the south east (excluding that dump FL obviously), then the south west, coming in last would be the north east (and Nebraska bc fu@k Nebraska). Upon leaving Iowa or the living then you slide the MidWest behind the Rockies region bc it is wide open and in general the people here are far better than those of most other areas of the country (just kidding the people of the US are mostly the same throughout, outside of the north east as those guys live on coffee and Dunkins Donuts and are indeed miserable people).

Never been to Connecticut, Vermont, Maine but have heard those are nice areas...I’ll exclude them from north easterner generalizations at the present.

California should be thanking Iowa farmers for taking the brunt of the trade war to help fight against the Chinese theft of intellectual property. ( see Hollywood/Silicon Valley ) You're welcome, country over party...
The tech side will and is taking a large hit as well. They did not get a bailout. They don't need to be thanking anyone

Well, when that's used with actions like extorting foreign countries for personal benefit and describing people who find these actions acceptable, then it's a pretty accurate description. Just because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean it's wrong and patriotic Americans don't need to accept that.

There you go. You and the OP are two sides of the same coin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT