ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh...

downtown hawk redux

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2006
Lewisville
Before this game started, I couldn't imagine that our oline could be worse than last year. I no longer have to imagine anything. No push. Non-existent pass pro with full on whiffs and guys being pushed into the backfield. Paging George Barnett. Your season has started. Are you there?

And Spencer? When he did get time, which was rarely, he missed easy throws. He was late. Took too much time on a screen that was a TD waiting to happen. I've defended him as much as anybody, but if there's a light, it's blinking here and there, but not coming on. Not sure what the answer is, but if this is it, I shudder to think what it will look like against Big Ten defenses. You can say, play Padilla, but if we can't run or pass block, I'm not sure there's going to be a noticeable difference.

That was three hours of watching a severely constipated guy trying to take a dump. A lot of pain and grunting with little result. On the plus side, the only plus, the defense was fantastic. Outscoring the offense 4-3 is nice, but it's also just pants down embarrassing.

I'll take the W gladly, but if teams generally take a big jump from the first to the second game, it looks like ours will be over the Grand Canyon.

I'm out for today. Too tired and disgusted to argue or debate anything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News