ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable year! Season was made tonight!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HB Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
Hats off to the Hawkeyes! I didn't think there was any chance to make the dance before the season started. Our schedule was brutal, non & conference schedules. Don't underestimate Davidson. That was a damn good team! Can't believe it's been 14 years. Feels great! This game was our season, win or lose Sunday doesn't matter.

Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:
Hats off to the Hawkeyes! I didn't think there was any chance to make the dance before the season started. Our schedule was brutal, non & conference schedules. Don't underestimate Davidson. That was a damn good team! Can't believe it's been 14 years. Feels great! This game was our season, win or lose Sunday doesn't matter.
Tonight was a great win and, this season has been so much more satisfying than last year. That said, we got a big monkey off our back. 14 years.. Wow! This seems to be a thing with Fran. I don't know how many games I've watched over Fran's tenure where we won where we haven't won in years. Or won x many games in a row. Seems like every bad or streak has been deleted in the last few years.

I don't disagree with you guys at all. BUT that said, this is the best Aaron White we've seen at Iowa and this team has really gelled in the last 10 games. We are playing really good basketball and I feel like we're capable of playing a few more games. Let's take care of the Zags Sunday and keep it going!

Originally posted by broth87:
I don't disagree with you guys at all. BUT that said, this is the best Aaron White we've seen at Iowa and this team has really gelled in the last 10 games. We are playing really good basketball and I feel like we're capable of playing a few more games. Let's take care of the Zags Sunday and keep it going!
Agreed.. It's almost like they played on last years team and refuse to repeat that dismal performance.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
And yeah, Aaron is playing his best basketball. Reminds me of Gatens a few years ago just willing the team to win. Like, jump on board fellas I got you.

A Des Moines radio station took a poll yesterday afternoon asking whether "your opinion of the success of Iowa's season comes down to whether the Hawkeyes beat Davidson?" 86% answered "yes." Huge win for the team.

My over/under for a successful season at the start of the year was an NCAA tournament win, so everything from here on out is gravy.

Win or lose to the zags, this has been a good year. 3rd Place in the B1G, 12 conference wins and a convincing NCAA win. If we win Sunday we have a shot at a special and spectacular year.

This is what I wanted when the year started, first NCAA tourney win in what seemed forever.
The demolition of davidson made it that much sweeter.

Don't think they get past the 'zags, but that won't spoil it for me.

Great showing for Hawks. Great for White to go out on a high note.

Iowa has already met my highest realistic expectations for the year. One more win and it would be amazing :)

That was a very very big win for the program overall. Despite losing a guy in Marble who ended up in the NBA and a couple decent role players the team got better this year and has had the best year yet under Fran. That tells me Fran keeps building the program and success is not built on just one player.

Getting a win in the tournament (a very impressive one too) is great for exposure, recruiting, and overall momentum of the program. That was a statement game that Iowa Basketball is back.

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
My over/under for a successful season at the start of the year was an NCAA tournament win, so everything from here on out is gravy.
I like gravy, I'll gladly have some more.

Nice to get that monkey off, but let's go out and get another one. Why not? They are pretty darn good as the underdog this season, and have played very good road basketball, which I suspect the Zags will make it a tough road-like atmosphere.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Iowastudnothickjr:
Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:
Tonight was a great win and, this season has been so much more satisfying than last year. That said, we got a big monkey off our back. 14 years.. Wow! This seems to be a thing with Fran. I don't know how many games I've watched over Fran's tenure where we won where we haven't won in years. Or won x many games in a row. Seems like every bad or streak has been deleted in the last few years.
It's like Hayden used to say when he first got here. You got to dig up those snakes and kill them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT