ADVERTISEMENT

Unemployment claims fall to 49-year low

No, I am in your head. I try to dumb down the discussion to bring it to liberal levels.

I may have overshot with high school. But carry on. It seems like you get a lot of joy out of this serious football message board stuff. Take your victories where you can. Go get 'em kid!

Reactions: cigaretteman
I may have overshot with high school. But carry on. It seems like you get a lot of joy out of this serious football message board stuff. Take your victories where you can. Go get 'em kid!
Been winning since 2016, sucks for you to be on the losing team. You can pick up your participation trophy at the back of the room. Keep it close, it's probably the only one you have ever received.

Reactions: biggreydogs
We have been at full employment for some time. Much of this has to do with retirements. Economic development people have been totally unprepared to deal with this issue. We have a worker shortage in many professions.More about demographics than anything else.

I probably average 2-3 calls a week from recruiters. Appears to be a lot of positions out there that need to be filled.

We have been at full employment for some time. Much of this has to do with retirements. Economic development people have been totally unprepared to deal with this issue. We have a worker shortage in many professions.More about demographics than anything else.

At the Gov’t level, it is definitely retirement related. Many of the people brought on board in the 80’s are retiring

Why change the subject? Is it because you now realize facts can be used as a deflection?
I did not change the subject - I posted the OP. ANswer the question, how is the OP a deflection? Someone that diverts from the OP to look somewhere else IS a deflection, which your buddy Huey did. Enjoy.

I did not change the subject - I posted the OP. ANswer the question, how is the OP a deflection? Someone that diverts from the OP to look somewhere else IS a deflection, which your buddy Huey did. Enjoy.
You’re deflecting from your statement that facts aren’t deflections. I think you’ve made my point. Thanks.

I'll explain OP. The Dems hate Trump, so that means -

- Dems hate that the economy is doing well
- Trump has made America Great Again! Dems hate that.
- Dems don't like trade agreements. Dems just want to give our stuff away to other countries.
- Trump has ended the NK nuclear threat in one meeting - Dems hate that. Dems like nukes aimed at us.
- Dems want completely open borders. Let everyone in, especially the criminals
- Dems are supporting MS-13. Dems hope they flourish.
- Dems like crime. They hate the police.
- All Dems love HRC. She is simply awesome!
- Dems thought the economy was doing well at the end of Obama's term. Dems are stupid.

Don't you listen to Trump's rallies? He explains it so clearly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just can't figure out why the Dems hate seeing America doing well?

The number of U.S. workers filing for unemployment benefits fell to near a 49-year low last week, as the labor market continues to show strength.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits fell to a seasonally adjusted 203,000 for the week ending Sept. 1, a drop of 10,000 from the previous week, the lowest level since December 1969, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

The four-week moving average, which is a better indicator of where the job market is headed, was 209,500, a decrease of 2,750 from the previous week, the lowest level for this average since Dec. 6, 1969 when it was 204,500.

The economy, which grew at a robust 4.2 percent pace in the April through June quarter, is chugging along despite headwinds from President Trump's trade policies. Trump has applied steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imports and duties on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods.

A separate report released on Thursday, showed private-sector businesses added 163,000 jobs, the fewest since Oct. 2017.

But the job market appears strong along with the unemployment rate expected to fall to the mid-3 percent range.

“The job market is hot," said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics, who oversees the ADP data.

"Employers are aggressively competing to hold onto their existing workers and to find new ones. Small businesses are struggling the most in this competition, as they increasingly can’t fill open positions," he added.

The government is set to release the August jobs report on Friday with expectations that around 200,000 jobs were created last month.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/405316-unemployment-claims-fall-to-49-year-low
Thanks Obama!

I'll explain OP. The Dems hate Trump, so that means -

- Dems hate that the economy is doing well
- Trump has made America Great Again! Dems hate that.
- Dems don't like trade agreements. Dems just want to give our stuff away to other countries.
- Trump has ended the NK nuclear threat in one meeting - Dems hate that. Dems like nukes aimed at us.
- Dems want completely open borders. Let everyone in, especially the criminals
- Dems are supporting MS-13. Dems hope they flourish.
- Dems like crime. They hate the police.
- All Dems love HRC. She is simply awesome!
- Dems thought the economy was doing well at the end of Obama's term. Dems are stupid.

Don't you listen to Trump's rallies? He explains it so clearly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This sums up Trumpkin logic right here folks.

I just can't figure out why the Dems hate seeing America doing well?
Speaking only for myself, I love it when America is doing well. Take my state for example, California.

California has the WORLD'S 5th largest economy, behind only the United States, China, Japan and Germany. And an unemployment rate of 4.3%.

Thank you Governor Jerry Brown!

Donald-Trump-winning-US-election.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT