ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms, Stars and Support

kylehawks

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2007
Iowa City
The spring game has come and gone and now we wait patiently through the summer months and ponder what will be of the Hawkeyes in 2015. This got me thinking. I see threads about uniforms and other factors that some think help influence or market a program to get better recruits. I think we could all agree we don't control these decisions and all this does is let some people complain. Does anyone on here think fan support has an influence? Look at Nebraska's spring games...sold out..OSU...huge turnout.I am not comparing our on field performance to OSU, so don't play that card when reading this post. I don't count today against anyone, it was miserable weather, just one of those things. The thing we can control is out participation. I think recruits would get excited to see a full stadium on there visit to a spring game. Thats fan support! Much more powerful than anything a uniform could do to impress a recruit. Some of you wonder why we get beat out by Nebraska or other schools in recruiting and this could be a reason. As much as we type and talk about supporting our Hawks...maybe we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if we do enough to support the team we all love or is it easier to just complain and blame the University. Some things money just can't buy. I'd love to see a packed house at Kinnick for the spring game next year....Nebraska does it every year...why can't we?

Reactions: hbutler2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News