ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms

IamHawkeye

HB Legend
Oct 1, 2001
I know this isn't the day to talk about it, but what's with all these unis with the band of solid color on the shorts--Wisconsin, NC St. etc.

They are Adidas post season basketball uniforms. Personally I think it's a hideous design.

That answers my question! They must have been a free gift to many teams as they are all over the place. But it leaves me wondering how that worked out for teams that prefer the NIKE endorsements?

Or were they only for Adidas lovers to begin with?

Anyway, they are a distraction as I completely understand they represent shorts being worn down at the underside of the butt, and underwear poking/protruding out as is the style. But it bugs me knowing that as after a dunk I keep expecting half the shorts to complete their fall to a players ankles!

I've actually seen that in public on several occasions and while funny it does cause some consternation as to the intelligence of the human race when we no longer know enough to even keep out pants pulled up.

Ah...the obligation of reaching the age where I repeatedly say, "Back in my day!", is slowly being met.

Pretty sure Cinci wore them last night too. Didn't think they were an Adidas school (Jordan?). Must be though because they were ugly as hell.

Louisville wore them all year. My assumption was that they were designed to look like pants being worn below the butt. Wouldn't be my choice for a fashion statement, but...

The uniform idiocy seems to know no bounds. How anybody with a brain and any sense of decorum can step on the court wearing such mockeries is beyond me. That "style" of uni has clearly been hit by the ugly stick. Please don't let IOWA show up wearing any ludicrous monstrosity like these...and in the NCAAs yet. Wow.

What do you think of the Iowa practice uniforms that have shown up on TV and newspaper stories?

Makes them look like they're wearing a peplum.

sophie_c_b_grande.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT