ADVERTISEMENT

University of Florida fires all DEI employees in compliance with state law

I'm sure they were all "people of color" and 99% female (or "identifies" as female), so there could be a federal case to be made here.

^^^

DEI graduate
Well Iowa should be letting several individuals go in DCI, DPS and possibly Breanna Bird. Going to be very interesting who gave the legal opinion it was ok to use the geofence. There is a certain somebody that I think would have been stupid enough to give that advice but that is pure speculation at this point.

Yeah, I mean afterall how did all these universities make it all these years without DEI? 😳
That’s like saying a car without seat belts and power steering would sell just as well today because they didn’t have them for years.

Professors will care. Professors drive everything at a university. You lose the good ones and you fall hard.

Bookmark this thread. Who will take me on a $1000 bet that in 10 years they will have dropped in the rankings?
oh they are gonna drop precipitously for sure and much sooner than 10 years. but that’s a given coz it is well understood that that dei is significantly weighted for ranking purposes.

Reactions: The Tradition
That’s like saying a car without seat belts and power steering would sell just as well today because they didn’t have them for years.

Professors will care. Professors drive everything at a university. You lose the good ones and you fall hard.
They’re already in a tailspin. It’ll be just like New College. They ran off most of their Academy members in less than two years.

Another thread for Northern to stroke it in as he celebrates people more successful in life than him losing their jobs. It’s just terrible to go through life underemployed and balled up in fear over ideas.

Another thread for Northern to stroke it in as he celebrates people more successful in life than him losing their jobs. It’s just terrible to go through life underemployed and balled up in fear over ideas.

Shift work has you bitter.

Is anyone shocked that the guy who has posted about, “women who can’t take a joke at work”, celebrates DEI people losing their jobs. He sure does hate that stuff where middle aged white guys can’t do whatever they want.

Reactions: kcnole63
Is anyone shocked that the guy who has posted about, “women who can’t take a joke at work”, celebrates DEI people losing their jobs. He sure does hate that stuff where middle aged white guys can’t do whatever they want.
You don't think some people can go overboard on what they are offended/triggered about?

Common Florida W. Anyone not concerned about DEI does not realize how far it has dropped the standards of higher education. Some of the content coming out of once renowned institutions is absolutely embarrassing.

A lot of Claudine Gay types were let go today. Nothing lost.

Common Florida W. Anyone not concerned about DEI does not realize how far it has dropped the standards of higher education. Some of the content coming out of once renowned institutions is absolutely embarrassing.

A lot of Claudine Gay types were let go today. Nothing lost.
The only thing that has dropped the standards at Florida universities is accepting the Classic Learning Test as a substitute for the SAT and ACT. Truly ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: OthaFish
There will be a mass exodus of faculty talent in the next year
I’m not sure why that would be the case, but I’m not an expert in hiring University Professors.

Far be it from me to defend ANYTHING about uf but the local 11PM news just said 13 people would lose their current positions and likely would just be reassigned within the University.
The school is flush with cash and the Professors are well compensated at a Top 20 Public. The Legislature still has a power bloc of uf Alumni who will make sure the school is well funded and overall they are successful and conservative.
I guess we shall see.

I’m not sure why that would be the case, but I’m not an expert in hiring University Professors.

Far be it from me to defend ANYTHING about uf but the local 11PM news just said 13 people would lose their current positions and likely would just be reassigned within the University.
The school is flush with cash and the Professors are well compensated at a Top 20 Public. The Legislature still has a power bloc of uf Alumni who will make sure the school is well funded and overall they are successful and conservative.
I guess we shall see.
Other universities in other states will poach the good faculty. The ones who want to come to a school with this kind of turmoil will not be the best and brightest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT