ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer slunk out of Florida, faking a heart condition. the main reason

-MDVOL

HR Legend
Nov 1, 2013
was that he had lost control of the thugs he recruited and feared being around when the other shoe dropped.

Remember, this is the man who brought Aaron Hernandez to Florida.

The Miami Herald ran a list in 2009 of all the arrests that occurred involving Meyer's recruits.
This doesn't count all the thugs that Muschamp ran off after being hired to clean up Meyer's mess

While Meyer is successful on the field and in the classroom leave a lot to be desired.

SOLOMON PATTON[/B]
Charge[/B]: In August, the freshman was charged with misdemeanor possession of alcohol by a person under 21.
Outcome[/B]: Patton got a deferred prosecution, meaning he has four months from the day he signed it (Aug. 19) to pay $150 or do 10 hours of community service.
Team punishment[/B]: Florida spokesperson Steve McClain said it was handled internally. Patton has not appeared in a game this year.
MATT ELAM[/B]
Charge[/B]: In July, the freshman was charged with misdemeanor possession of alcohol by a person under 21.
Outcome[/B]: Elam entered a plea of nolo contendre and sent in a check for a total $276. He has received notice that the court cannot accept a personal check and has until Oct. 27 to pay by money order.
Team punishment[/B]: McClain said it was handled internally. Elam has played in both of the Gators' games this season.
FRANKIE HAMMOND JR.[/B]
Charge[/B]: Hammond was charged with DUI in June after allegedly speeding, swerving and driving with open bottles of Crown Royal whiskey in his car, according to a police report. He failed a field sobriety test, the report said.
Outcome[/B]: Hammond's case was resolved Tuesday, with probation reinstated for 12 months.
Team punishment[/B]: Hammond was suspended from all activities in June and his scholarship was revoked. He is paying his tuition at least until the spring and has not appeared in a game yet this season.
GARY BROWN[/B]
Charge[/B]: Charged with misdemeanor battery in Feb. 2010 after allegedly slapping a woman and scratching another at a Gainesville apartment party
Outcome[/B]: Brown's case is in deferred prosecution and not closed.
Team punishment[/B]: Dismissed from the team.
CARLOS DUNLAP[/B]
Charge[/B]: After police found Dunlap asleep behind the wheel at a traffic light on Dec. 1, he was charged with faces a second-degree misdemeanor charge of DUI.
Outcome[/B]: Dunlap accepted six months' probation and 50 hours of community service as punishment for a guilty DUI plea
Team punishment[/B]: Dunlap was suspended for the SEC championship against Alabama but returned for the Sugar Bowl.
JANORIS JENKINS[/B]
Charge[/B]: Misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest without violence for his role in a May 30, 2009 fight outside a downtown Gainesville night club.
Outcome[/B]: The charges were dropped after Jenkins met the conditions of his deferred prosecution, according to lawyer Huntley Johnson.
Team punishment[/B]: Handled internally and did not miss any games, according sports information director Steve McClain.
MARQUIS HANNAH[/B]
Charge[/B]: Felony burglary of an occupied dwelling unarmed and misdemeanor battery in late April 2009 for allegedly forcing his way into a Gainesville apartment and punching a man in the face.

Outcome[/B]: Case was dismissed due to lack of evidence, according to lawyer Huntley Johnson.
Team punishment[/B]: Hannah, a walk-on, was dismissed from the team.
CARL JOHNSON[/B]
Charge[/B]: Misdemeanor violation of a sexual restraining order in February 2009 after getting on the same campus bus as an ex-girlfriend. The woman previously filed a petition claiming Johnson date-raped her on three occasions.
Outcome[/B]: All charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence.
Team punishment[/B]: Johnson never missed any time. Coach Urban Meyer said Johnson would remain on the team as long as the investigation checked out.
RILEY COOPER[/B]
Charge[/B]: Misdemeanor resisting an officer and failure comply with a police or fire department in February 2009. Campus police cited Cooper for not getting out of the way of a moving car upon police's orders, according to Johnson.
Outcome[/B]: The case was dismissed.
Team punishment[/B]: Cooper played baseball during the spring of 2009, and it's unknown whether Meyer sought out punishment.
CAM NEWTON[/B]
Charge[/B]: Felony counts of burglary, larceny and obstruction of justice in November after allegedly stealing a laptop from a UF student and throwing it out his dormitory window upon police suspicion.
Outcome[/B]: Newton received pre-trial deferment – common for a first-time offender – and served community service and probation time.
Team punishment[/B]: Meyer suspended Newton for the rest of the 2008 season. Newton transferred to Blinn (Texas) Junior College and now is the starting quarterback at Auburn.
JACQUES RICKERSON[/B]
Charge #1[/B]: Misdemeanor possession of marijuana in February 2007.

As you can see, nearly all were whitewashed as the Courts and Gainesville PD bend over backwards for UF players

Below is an article by The Sporting News on hos Meyer brought fame, glory, and destruction to the UF Football program
This post was edited on 1/13 2:58 PM by -MDVOL

Meyer

For some reason, half of the arrests wouldn't print. Here's the rest

Outcome[/B]: Case was dismissed due to lack of evidence, according to lawyer Huntley Johnson.
Team punishment[/B]: Hannah, a walk-on, was dismissed from the team.
CARL JOHNSON[/B]
Charge[/B]: Misdemeanor violation of a sexual restraining order in February 2009 after getting on the same campus bus as an ex-girlfriend. The woman previously filed a petition claiming Johnson date-raped her on three occasions.
Outcome[/B]: All charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence.
Team punishment[/B]: Johnson never missed any time. Coach Urban Meyer said Johnson would remain on the team as long as the investigation checked out.
RILEY COOPER[/B]
Charge[/B]: Misdemeanor resisting an officer and failure comply with a police or fire department in February 2009. Campus police cited Cooper for not getting out of the way of a moving car upon police's orders, according to Johnson.
Outcome[/B]: The case was dismissed.
Team punishment[/B]: Cooper played baseball during the spring of 2009, and it's unknown whether Meyer sought out punishment.
CAM NEWTON[/B]
Charge[/B]: Felony counts of burglary, larceny and obstruction of justice in November after allegedly stealing a laptop from a UF student and throwing it out his dormitory window upon police suspicion.
Outcome[/B]: Newton received pre-trial deferment - common for a first-time offender - and served community service and probation time.
Team punishment[/B]: Meyer suspended Newton for the rest of the 2008 season. Newton transferred to Blinn (Texas) Junior College and now is the starting quarterback at Auburn.
JACQUES RICKERSON[/B]
Charge #1[/B]: Misdemeanor possession of marijuana in February 2007.

Meyer's thugs jkept the team lawyer Huntley Johnson bust for 2 years after Meyer had fled the scene.

The link was to an article by the Sporting News about how Meyer brought fame, glory and destruction to the Florida Football Program.

Meyer

Re: Urban Meyer slunk out of Florida, faking a heart condition. the m

He doesn't coach there anymore. Who cares?? He's a National Champion at Ohio State now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Urban Meyer slunk out of Florida, faking a heart condition. the m

As Al Gore famously said, a Leopard doesn't change his stripes

He slunk out of Florida cause his wife was messing around with the volleyball coach. That gave him a heart condition.

No one knows for sure but he maintains the wins became a relief rather than a feeling of jubilation as florida's standards were NC or bust.. I tend to believe him as many HOF coaches can attest to this

Originally posted by B1G:
And a Vol is posting this on an Iowa board because....?
Didn't you hear? There is a press conference tomorrow. Urban is coming to Iowa.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

That might be a pretty good show. He's a pretty decent guitar player for a Kiwi.

Read that list and, honestly, crossed alot of those infractions off the list as no big deal. Take out the underage consumption, alcohol arrests, and DUI's and the list gets pretty short. Alcohol type offenses happen to every college student, not just athletes, and Iowa fans certainly shouldn't be pointing those types of violations out given how the ICPD loves to hand out underage and PI tickets like tic-tacs.

Especially liked the one about the player getting arrested for being on the same bus as an ex-girlfriend. Date raped her 3 times? Why would she go back out with him after the 1st occurence. 3 times? Something doesn't make sense there.

Iowa has a list too. seriously, I don't get the urban hate. the man kicked cam newton off of the team. cam newton, the man who almost singlehandedly won auburn a national title. probably the best player he would have had at florida and he was willing to kick him off the team.

People hate Urban because he's successful and a threat to their team. Then disguise the reason as some kind of ethical issue.

You know what coach everyone loves? The guy who takes his lesser talented team and makes them good, but not great. Or the coach who leads a team to a great season, but isn't a likely to be in a situation where he can do it year after year.

That coach is no threat to your team.

Of course people could also hate Meyer because they know someone, who knows someone, who is related to someone, who works with someone, who read somewhere, that a person who knows someone, personally witnessed Meyer do something bad.

Originally posted by hawknut:

Iowa has a list too. seriously, I don't get the urban hate. the man kicked cam newton off of the team. cam newton, the man who almost singlehandedly won auburn a national title. probably the best player he would have had at florida and he was willing to kick him off the team.
And a long one at that. We are told that the Iowa City police pick on the athletes so that is why we have more athlete arrests. Of course the fact that they are arrested by other entities other than IC police is just a pesky fact that keeps getting in the way.

This login is so rediculous and unfair to others who have been thoughh this

Until you truely experience an angina attack your guess can't tcatagorize it. You can't understand it. Mine started out with two weeks of increasing chest pain and I was feeling awfull. I went to a stat care and the took blood pressure readings, two EKG's and an a chest x ray.I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and later that night it was determined I was having an angina attack. I held out hope for a vagina attack but if I was to die it would be without glory. The clinic was worried I was having a heart attack but I was't , It was just a prolonged severe stress reaction that has never gotten better. After that panic attack,and until you experience one, you have do idea the despair and out of control uncertainty and helplessness with no where to run.. Some people just jump off bridges and tall buildings our of dispair for no damn reason at all but they think it's the only way out.My engineering job entails great unrelenting pressure and it has for years. Some survive and some succumb ,I always thought I was stronger than others but eventually my responsibilities took their tool after nearly twenty years. Urban Meyer probably endured more crap than I did, much of it was self induced due to his nature but it still took a serious tool. Now matter what you like to think or want to hear Urban Meyer is finally doing better and has included his wife and daughters in his life after long last. He seems to now realise what family can do you your comfort and attitude.I have found it works wonders. If you do not have that bastion of strength Anxoety attacks may just kill all the hope hope you have and leave you in total despair. Don't think what he was doing through has harmless enough and easily bearable if you just buck up and be a man. I have been there and that's what I felt.

Al Gore didn't think so. But he has a Noble Putz Prize for his making $600,000,000 off people too stupid to realize that weather actually changes from season to season and year to year.

While back an article on BHGP talked about coaches early on KF's tenure and success he had against them and their style. Now since they are all gone and the gap is widening with the urban Meyers now Harbaugh, Dantonio widening the gap, Franklin, kill doing good job at minny. Hate Meyer and didn't want him at osu because had a feeling he'd turn them into a powerhouse. Didn't think he'd do as well as he's done in 3 yrs but the sob just wins.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

In that case, nevermind, he's a great guy!
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Did he not bring TD Jesus to Florida as well? That alone should clear all wrong doing in His eyes. :)

MDVOL:

Some sour grapes here ? BIG put it to your conference this year and this is the best you can come up with ?
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !

That may have been part of it as well, but I know a certain OB down there that knows a certain test result from a certain younger (but legal) daughter of a certain person that didn't sit too well with certain higher up people.

What kind of post is this? Who the hell cares what Urban Meyer did at Florida? It's about as relevant as Kim Kardashian.
This is an Iowa board, and I think Iowa has other issues to address than Urban Meyer and Florida. If mdvol wants to flail around in the past about Florida and Meyer, please do it on the Tennessee board. WTF.

Tennessee is Butch Jones. Butch Davis is the one who slithered out of UNC after their "infractions".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT