ADVERTISEMENT

Useful drunk discoveries

Two discoveries came out of that. First, I had always tried to butter the bread before putting it in the pan. Why not simply put the butter in the pan and let it melt and dip the bread into it? Second, after you have crisped the bread in the butter and flipped it to do the other side, put a small amount of cheese on the outside of the bread. Flip it again and let the cheese melt and then it will get crisp and caramelize. Now you have a crunchy, cheesy outside to your grilled cheese. Use medium low heat and watch close.

The butter thing I knew about, but the outside cheese is intriguing. Gonna have to try that out. Thanks.

I believe I posted about being drunk and doing this. I use sharp shredded cheddar on the outside. When the bread is almost golden I tok about 3-4 fingers full of shredded cheese and places it on the skillet. Then took the sandwich from the other side of skillet and places on cheese for about a minute maybe 2. Then thee cheese down again and flipped the sandwich. I was quite impressed with myself.

The other concoction I made when I was drunk was pb&j on a hot dog. And yes it was awesome.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: naturalmwa
Originally posted by OC_Hawk:

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
First, I had always tried to butter the bread before putting it in the pan.
AKA "not going in dry"
Never had I known that cooking a grilled cheese sandwich could reveal one's sexuality.

Originally posted by PerkyForHerky:
Originally posted by OC_Hawk:

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
First, I had always tried to butter the bread before putting it in the pan.
AKA "not going in dry"
Never had I known that cooking a grilled cheese sandwich could reveal one's sexuality.
And this is why all the threads end up political. It only gets fun after we stir the pot a bit.

I was hammered in Vegas and growing weary of the hard sell approach of the hookers and strippers. Discovered if you ask them for weed, they think you are an undercover cop and leave you alone.

In college I discovered that there is virtually nothing that cannot be added to Mac N Cheese.

Hot dogs
Pickles
Canned veggies
Scrambled eggs
Chocolate chips
Potato chips
Peanut butter
Cap' n Crunch

These are but s few of the recipes in my drunken culinary repertoire.

In college I discovered that there is virtually nothing that cannot be added to Mac N Cheese.

Hot dogs
Pickles
Canned veggies
Scrambled eggs
Chocolate chips
Potato chips
Peanut butter
Cap' n Crunch

Everything except the hot dogs is effed up.

When I was really drunk in college I learned that Jim Beam and Country Time Lemonade taste like lemon meringue pie. And Hawaiian Fruit Punch and Jim Beam was good too. Come to think of it, after a little while I learned that mixing Jim Beam with a lot of things tasted good. No hangovers with Beam either.

I miss college.

Chocolate and peanut butter taste great together. Who knew?

hqdefault.jpg

Hot dogs
Pickles
Canned veggies
Scrambled eggs
Chocolate chips
Potato chips
Peanut butter
Cap' n Crunch

If you really want to take your mac n' cheese to the next level, put Ritz crackers in a food processor, and spread the crumbs over the noodles, and put under the broiler to brown. YUM!

A shot of Frangellica and creme de banana tastes like a circus peanut.

If you want nice crispy bread for a grilled cheese, use mayo (real stuff, not Miracle Whip) instead of butter on the outside.

Mayo is mostly oil, and you can easily spread more of it on to make the bread toast up better than with butter.

Reactions: naturalmwa
When the bedroom is really dark,it can be hard to find the bathroom.Stubbing a toe on the bed frame while drunk won't hurt until the next day.

Reactions: pink shizzle
I've done the caramelized cheese on the outside of leftover hash browns before. Pretty good. But I wasn't drunk. So take that with a grain of salt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT