ADVERTISEMENT

Video: Toks Akinribade Week 1 Highlights

I was a bit underwhelmed. Smallish and not much explosion or shiftiness. Didn't really make anyone miss.

maybe I watched the wrong video?

Reactions: rillo 62
I think he has some good upside to him. His best football is ahead of him. The staff will turn him into a solid B1G player.

I was a bit underwhelmed. Smallish and not much explosion or shiftiness. Didn't really make anyone miss.

maybe I watched the wrong video?

You guys are ridiculous - of course one game is not going to have the type of highlights you see in a typical recruiting video - 1 game vs an entire season. Concerning his size, he is the smaller back of the 2 (3) we recruited and is probably 10-15 lbs lighter that what he will be by the time next fall rolls around.

Also, I thought he had good quickness, getting a lot of yards out of some pretty poor blocking. He also always kept his shoulders square and was moving forward. This is a sign of good intrinsic ability and mature running. Natural strides, good balance, doesn't run too high. A lot of good things here.

Just because he didn't rip off a 60 yrd TD run you guys are complaining?? He put together a 100yd+ game on the season opener, showed a lot of inherent talent, and seemed a very able pass catcher out of the backfield. How is this video not a good thing??

Reactions: hersh236
He is 6' 200 i wouldn't call him small

To be fair, I do think he looks a little smaller than that listing, as is often the case with recruiting profiles, but he is no less than 190 IMO. Still bigger than either of our current smallbacks (Canzeri, Wadley). Probably a higher ceiling too.

You guys are ridiculous - of course one game is not going to have the type of highlights you see in a typical recruiting video - 1 game vs an entire season. Concerning his size, he is the smaller back of the 2 (3) we recruited and is probably 10-15 lbs lighter that what he will be by the time next fall rolls around.

Also, I thought he had good quickness, getting a lot of yards out of some pretty poor blocking. He also always kept his shoulders square and was moving forward. This is a sign of good intrinsic ability and mature running. Natural strides, good balance, doesn't run too high. A lot of good things here.

Just because he didn't rip off a 60 yrd TD run you guys are complaining?? He put together a 100yd+ game on the season opener, showed a lot of inherent talent, and seemed a very able pass catcher out of the backfield. How is this video not a good thing??
Not complaining, he is a good athlete with lots of growth potential, just didn't see the explosion on his cuts I was expecting.

I call it the Hudl Highlight Syndrome: You become accustomed to viewing highly edited tape of a few spectacular plays carefully selected from an inventory of several hundred less impressive clips of the same prospect and then unconsciously impose a higher standard of excellence when viewing ordinary game film of the same athlete.

Pretty good stiff arm.
I really like this kid. He is very quick and watch how fast he accelerates after catching those passes in the flat. He is faster than anyone we have had for awhile. I like how he cuts and finds a seam on the running plays. He is gaining more yards than seem to be available , as the line isn't exactly opening good holes for him.

To be fair, I do think he looks a little smaller than that listing, as is often the case with recruiting profiles, but he is no less than 190 IMO. Still bigger than either of our current smallbacks (Canzeri, Wadley). Probably a higher ceiling too.

You are correct, he's not 190 as listed. I just had him on the scale a few days ago and he's 205.

Reactions: NomisHawk and nu2u
Thanks Coach.

Akinribade is a kid that Rivals has measured and weighed in person at camps and combines before, so his listed height and weight of 6-0, 205 on here should be pretty darn accurate.

Go watch the Canzeri highlight tape again before saying he has a higher ceiling.Jordans is as good as any I have seen. Injuries and mismanagement have delayed Canzeri from breaking out.

Canzeri didn't have a higher ceiling. and he hasn't been mismanaged the problem is that he is injury prone.

I really like this kid. He is very quick and watch how fast he accelerates after catching those passes in the flat. He is faster than anyone we have had for awhile. I like how he cuts and finds a seam on the running plays. He is gaining more yards than seem to be available , as the line isn't exactly opening good holes for him.
Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT