ADVERTISEMENT

Vince McMahon

I thought maybe this was a death announcement thread. He’s incredibly overdue for a massive heart attack.
He looks terrific.
vince-mcmahon-netflix-documentary-comments.jpg

Bill Simmons produced this I believe. Similar to the other 30 for 30s on ESPN and the Andre the Giant HBO doc.

Last edited:
Stuff before Janelle Grant

Raped a female referee
Ran interference for Jimmy Snuku criminal investigation. Claimed Jimmy was a simple savage. So cops would leave him alone. Instead of questioning him about the dead girlfriend in his bed.
Broke numerous contracts with wrestlers
Broke numerous buyout agreements with territory owners.
Ring Boys scandal
Didn’t report a credible rape of a talent overseas at US Army base.
Brian Pillman widow fiasco
Owen Hart Death. Demanded unsafe rigging. For aesthetics purposes.
Steroids
Pushing female talent in exchange for sexual favors. NDA’s
Showing off penis to numerous tanning salon employees.

Vince really is the worst.
The whole set up for Owen Hart was crazy. Owen hated the Blue Blazer character. Creative wanted him to have an affair with Debra as a long program.
He refused. Loved his wife too much or wasn’t comfortable portraying that on TV. So they forced this character on him as punishment.
Didn’t like the dropping down into ring either. Sting had been doing this for years. But Vince didn’t like how you had to come down and unhook. It was slow and didn’t look the best for TV.
Vince wanted a different rigging used the unhooked quicker thus less support. The first tech refused and quit. But his second or assist said it could be done safely.

Last edited:
Stuff before Janelle Grant

Raped a female referee
Ran interference for Jimmy Snuku criminal investigation. Claimed Jimmy was a simple savage. So cops would leave him alone. Instead of questioning him about the dead girlfriend in his bed.
Broke numerous contracts with wrestlers
Broke numerous buyout agreements with territory owners.
Ring Boys scandal
Didn’t report a credible rape of a talent overseas at US Army base.
Brian Pillman widow fiasco
Owen Hart Death. Demanded unsafe rigging. For aesthetics purposes.
Steroids
Pushing female talent in exchange for sexual favors. NDA’s
Showing off penis to numerous tanning salon employees.
Probably why he and Donald Trump are so tight. This is a guy Donald can admire.

I watched 3 episodes. The dude is/was something else. I love how he destroyed the territories and played the victim card when Turner tried doing the exact same thing to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GDeal
I’m only one episode in but one thing I’ve never understood is how Linda has stood by and watched the affairs pile up and hasn’t moved a muscle.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
It’s a work. Vince is a master promoter. And he wanted as many people as possible to see this. Hence why the master of the no sell. Sold it big time a couple days before its release.

Beyond The Mat is still the best Pro Wrestling Documentary that at least truly pulls back the curtain.
Two quotes sum up the business
Only two things are real about pro wrestling. The money and the miles—— Lou Albano
Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.———Rene Dupree.

I’m only one episode in but one thing I’ve never understood is how Linda has stood by and watched the affairs pile up and hasn’t moved a muscle.
I read quite a bit about them last night because I have never followed WWE type stuff in my life. Pretty sure she had plenty of boy toys of her own over the years and got filthy rich off of him also. She's no saint either.

Reactions: millah_22
Vince spent 150 million or so trying to buy her a Senate seat twice. Business relationship.

I read quite a bit about them last night because I have never followed WWE type stuff in my life. Pretty sure she had plenty of boy toys of her own over the years and got filthy rich off of him also. She's no saint either.
She did plenty of dirty. Just is nicer and has people skills. Way smarter than Vince is.

Reactions: beanerhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT