ADVERTISEMENT

Virus hospitalizations hit two-month high in Iowa

So now you're just going to act like a petulant child and simply lie?
No; I'm asking you to look something up that is not difficult to find.

Your assertion that masks are the ONLY factor in viral spread is utterly nonsense. Masks are one component that can be rendered ineffective by sporadic/improper use, sitting in closed areas/crowds (even masked), etc.

Vaccines, on the other hand, are far more effective, overall.

You and your buds keep referring to "everyone I see out" wearing masks.
But at home, when they hold larger gatherings, they don't wear them, and don't distance. Precisely how things spread in CA, because the rich folks would still socialize in their own homes, unmasked, and the hired help - cooks, nannies, cleaners, etc - had to work in those homes, and when the parties aren't masked, those minorities got infected and took those infections back to their neighborhoods where people live in close quarters. You can read about this in the LA Times, as they wrote up >1 story on it. And it is not unique to CA.

People masked up in public, perhaps, but threw caution to the wind when throwing gatherings in their own houses (with folks not in their close circles). And this was exactly how the spread continued into the minority households, who could not "work from home".

Poor Karl. Did you tear your beard in anguish today when the CDC said vaccinated people don't need to mask up when outside? The fear is dwindling, Joe. What is the next topic your masters will pay you to spread disinformation regarding?

Your assertion that masks are the ONLY factor in viral spread is utterly nonsense. Masks are one component that can be rendered ineffective by sporadic/improper use, sitting in closed areas/crowds (even masked), etc.

But at home, when they hold larger gatherings, they don't wear them, and don't distance. Precisely how things spread in CA, because the rich folks would still socialize in their own homes, unmasked, and the hired help - cooks, nannies, cleaners, etc - had to work in those homes, and when the parties aren't masked, those minorities got infected and took those infections back to their neighborhoods where people live in close quarters. You can read about this in the LA Times, as they wrote up >1 story on it. And it is not unique to CA.

People masked up in public, perhaps, but threw caution to the wind when throwing gatherings in their own houses (with folks not in their close circles). And this was exactly how the spread continued into the minority households, who could not "work from home".
Thats not how debates work - you make the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

I havent made any assertions regarding masks; youre the one who said "vaccines are the only thing that work in the US". From there, I concluded you're saying masks, distancing, lockdowns, etc had no effect. Then you turned it into a masks debate. Another poster here showed you quite a bit of data that shows very little correlation b/w mandates and cases. You have yet to provide anything contrary and have now taken the position of "you find it". And now you seem to be blaming domestic spread, which no one here would argue with, but that does reinforce the point that gov't intervention was not effective - I imagine thats not the point you want to make.

And who asked about Cali? Are you asserting the rich people in Iowa spread it via their butlers? Talk about an irrelevant point.

Kudos to getting back to putting in effort in your bogus positions - its back to being entertaining again.

And to the original post by ciggybot: grand total of 179 hospitalizations statewide on 4/25. That is a decline and part of a downward trend.

Reactions: haw-key
And to the original post by ciggybot: grand total of 179 hospitalizations statewide on 4/25. That is a decline and part of a downward trend.
Remember where that data originates and how many times it has had to be, shall we say, "updated".
Kimmy and her minions lie as much as they tell the truth.

Remember where that data originates and how many times it has had to be, shall we say, "updated".
Kimmy and her minions lie as much as they tell the truth.
Here you go again.
Just so the group knows, last summer mitch actually admitted his position is that any positive trends/metrics coming from the IDPH shouldn't be believed, but any negative trends or metrics from the same source are valid. And I'm not being hyperbolic in the slightest.

Last edited:
Evidence the numbers are fudged?
Since April, 2020, the IDPH has had to "modify" data reports on dozens of occasions.
There are simply too many to list.

It's not exactly a well kept secret that Garcia and Reynolds are serial liars.

Again: no

There are millions of Americans who cannot be properly immunized, including a hospital-full across from Kinnick. If you like to "wave at them" at games, but refuse to mask up and vaccinate, then you're not waving "hi", you're waving "good-bye and good luck, kids".

Except the healthy kids are at nearly zero risk from the dreaded rona, Karl. You are really getting your ass handed to you in this thread.

Since April, 2020, the IDPH has had to "modify" data reports on dozens of occasions.

So they have under-reported covid deaths? Can you provide a link to prove that?

"Dozens"? So your contention is at least 24 occasions?

My country relaxed outdoor mask protocols today.
My county did it a few weeks before the national announcement.
And it should be opened up to a local decision based on factual status of viral loads in communities, not a one-size-fits-all. Because some areas are still struggling.

Again, no one is talking about rich Californians - why would we?

One of my prior posts was about Orange County rich folks throwing parties, and infecting their in-home help. Who then took the virus back to their poorer neighborhoods where it spread like wildfire.

OC is loaded with Republicans, but I'm sure there are ample anti-vax Dems out there, too.

It's not "zero risk"

Their infections pose risks to others, particularly those who may live with someone who cannot be immediately vaccinated.
Then those that don’t achieve immunity when vaccinated need to stay home then until herd immunity is reached. The rest of us vaccinated folks need very soon to go back to life and that means football in full stadiums, concerts, no masks.

Dude, just back up your assertions with a link. If what you are saying is true, it shouldn’t be that hard.
If you followed Kimmy's pressers like I did for the last year, watched the IDPH data, and then got info from KCCI, KCRG, and WHO...along with UIHC, Reynolds was always having to "explain" those "glitches" that were occurring weekly.

There are no links because the IDPH always had some problem with releasing accurate Covid data.

We had multiple threads in the last year dealing with those issues. Many of the posters in this thread were very active in the discussions when there were "wonky" numbers.

If you followed Kimmy's pressers like I did for the last year, watched the IDPH data, and then got info from KCCI, KCRG, and WHO...along with UIHC, Reynolds was always having to "explain" those "glitches" that were occurring weekly.

There are no links because the IDPH always had some problem with releasing accurate Covid data.

We had multiple threads in the last year dealing with those issues. Many of the posters in this thread were very active in the discussions when there were "wonky" numbers.

Sure thing Mitch.

They work extremely well, when used, and in conjunction with modest distancing.

That is simply not disputable, no matter what Tucker Carlson blabbers on about.
Did I say anything about Tucker? I gave you data. You've given none. There is no situation where they've worked extremely well nor worked at all.

I mean talk about anecdotal as you can get! Holy SHIT! Sppeeeeeedddddd!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT