ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: How many Conference games should each B1G team have? Fitz thinks it should be 10

How many Conference games should each B1G team have?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Would you like 10 conference games?

It makes scheduling easier. You automatically have 5 home (conference) games & then just have to schedule 2 other home games; ie, the Miami(OH) & Middle Tennessee States of the world.

Watch this and vote:

yah... 9 FCS opponents and 3 Conference opponents... that should increase our chances of getting into the CFP.

how about the NCAA mandate every conference play the same number of conference games in order to keep a fair and competitive balance?

Barta is on record as having said ten as well.
For me, the problem isn't the number of conference games, it is the number of teams in the conferences. Go back to geographically-centered conferences of no more than ten teams.

We should just play 3 or 4 conference games.

Why beat each other up when we could be kicking the hell out of the rest of America?
Agreed! We'll be in the CFP all the time then!

BTW do these people realize there have been VERY FEW SEC games played and they ALREADY have 5 top 10 teams vs 1 in b1g. Lets get real, it's not just about schedule(though a fair amount certainly is).

I like the idea of 12 division games... but it makes it too difficult to determine tiebreakers.

Head to head
Points for
Points against
Margin of victory

There’s plenty of tiebreakers out there. Most of which are in place already. 12 divisional games would be a tough schedule in either division. I would bet that the division winner loses at least 2+ conf games in most seasons.

Head to head
Points for
Points against
Margin of victory

There’s plenty of tiebreakers out there. Most of which are in place already. 12 divisional games would be a tough schedule in either division. I would bet that the division winner loses at least 2+ conf games in most seasons.
yah, I don't like tiebreakers that involve points.
it takes away the spirit of the game.

yah, I don't like tiebreakers that involve points.
it takes away the spirit of the game.
Puts the coaches in a really bad spot too.
Do you run the clock down and pull starters and make sure they stay healthy?
Do you run the score up and get criticized?
etc

Reactions: mrF6n6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT