ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Iowa or Cincinnati? Fri Mar 22, 11:15 am CT Tip, CBS TV; Bearcats Open as 4 point Favorite

Iowa vs Cincinnati; who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think they are a lights out shooting team from the perimeter, so if we can force them into some tough shots early we have a good shot at controlling the tempo. Play fast and clean and hawks win by eight.

Already put $$ on Cincy. Don’t like the matchup at all. Hope I lose.

Only other times I’ve bet on Iowa games this year were Oregon and UCONN. Was happy to lose money there too.

Reverse psychology boys.

Reactions: Underscore2
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

D15oZDdXQAAU2oC.png

Reactions: CanadaHawk
9th straight trip to the dance for Cincy. They've lost ONE first round game... 3 sweet 16s and one elite 8. Averaged 29 wins over last 3 years...they're fighters too!

That would make sense. Pair us with a team that plays to all our weaknesses and that will be ultra physical and handsy on defense, and the officials will probably allow it because why the f*** not.

I don’t think they are a lights out shooting team from the perimeter, so if we can force them into some tough shots early we have a good shot at controlling the tempo. Play fast and clean and hawks win by eight.
Cumberland (6’5” guard) leads Cincinnati in scoring @18/gm, 45% from 3, and leads team in assists @3.7/gm. Only other double figure scorer is Williams (guard) at 10/gm, 28% 3pt shooter.

Athletic team averaging 70pts/gm with 6’5” phenom- I’m thinking Indiana without Morgan. Zone with a guy on Cumberland.
Iowa wins.

Last edited:
The last time we played Cinci was the Cuonzo Martin year (he got injured late in the year)??

Iowa will have to value the ball and be patient on offense. If we press it up and down the floor they will run us out of the gym. Going smaller might benefit us at times. But the biggest thing is knocking down shots.

At first, my thoughts went back to 2005 and the a$$ kicking Iowa took against Cincinnati in Indianapolis.
But after looking at their stats and their schedule we just may have a chance against them. If the Iowa players can get over the shock in the overall difference in athletic quickness, Iowa could take advantage of our front court players.
Another factor is that Cincy is not a great 3 point shooting team, and since Iowa went 1 for 16 in our last game, what's the odds that Iowa has a repeat game of missed 3's. This game may be a blessing in disguise, actually now looking forward to it.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
The last time we played Cinci was the Cuonzo Martin year (he got injured late in the year)??

Iowa will have to value the ball and be patient on offense. If we press it up and down the floor they will run us out of the gym. Going smaller might benefit us at times. But the biggest thing is knocking down shots.

I think you’re thinking of Kenyon Martin who was long gone by the time Iowa played them in 2005. Jason Maxiell tore Iowa up thst day. He wasn’t the only one but I remember that we didn’t have anyone who could match his girth.

At first, my thoughts went back to 2005 and the a$$ kicking Iowa took against Cincinnati in Indianapolis.
But after looking at their stats and their schedule we just may have a chance against them. If the Iowa players can get over the shock in the overall difference in athletic quickness, Iowa could take advantage of our front court players.
Another factor is that Cincy is not a great 3 point shooting team, and since Iowa went 1 for 16 in our last game, what's the odds that Iowa has a repeat game of missed 3's. This game may be a blessing in disguise, actually now looking forward to it.
I just finished watching the first half of the AAC championship against Houston. Good grief what an ugly first half. Cincy playing like Wisky when Bo was there (almost fell asleep). They play mainly a zone Defense and I'm not sure I saw them fast break yet lol. They have good size but they sure look slow in this one. Must be tired after tourney games. I looked up ours and their stats, FG%, 3PT%, PTS Scored, and total rebounds. We lead them in everything except total rebounds. I feel like this is one we can get if we hit our shots, speed them up, and play anything that resembles good defense. Stats are from Yahoo Sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
I just finished watching the first half of the AAC championship against Houston. Good grief what an ugly first half. Cincy playing like Wisky when Bo was there (almost fell asleep). They play mainly a zone Defense and I'm not sure I saw them fast break yet lol. They have good size but they sure look slow in this one. Must be tired after tourney games. I looked up ours and their stats, FG%, 3PT%, PTS Scored, and total rebounds. We lead them in everything except total rebounds. I feel like this is one we can get if we hit our shots, speed them up, and play anything that resembles good defense. Stats are from Yahoo Sports.
thats an awesome scouting report

Now, tell me how Colgate can beat Tennessee! ;)

I'm telling you that I thought I was watching Wisky from Bo's daze lol. Cumberland is the whole team. Stop him coach, and we'll win!

Some other tidbits from Chad Leistikow & Mark Emmert of HawkCentral (they did a post selection podcast):

* The arena will be where the OSU hockey team plays

* Cincy plays slow & deliberate

* Per KemPom: 334th slowest pace of 353 teams (19.2 sec/possession)

* They are good defensively

* However, Cincy gives up 35% from 3 point land

* Cincy lost to OSU & beat UCONN barely twice

* KenPom has Cincy beating Iowa by 1

* Cincy just got done playing 3 games in 3 days (Fri, Sat & Sun); will that be a factor at all? Iowa will have had a whole week off (last Fri - this Fri)

* The winner of Iowa/Cincy plays the winner of Colgate/Tennessee: Colgate has the #63 offense in America and has won 11 games in a row (soon to be 12???) !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT