ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner on to finals

Originally posted by HRiscool:
Get ready to boo everyone:

I want Wagner to be a two sport athlete at Iowa.
Get over it. It works much better for FB players that dabble in BBall. BBall prep is nearly year around, and he'd be MIA for half the BBall season plus summer and fall team practice. Fran wanted him not Ferentz.

Originally posted by HRiscool:
Get ready to boo everyone:

I want Wagner to be a two sport athlete at Iowa.
I knew he was great athlete and then I heard that Kentucky offered him for football and then late in the year OSU, Michigan, PSU, WVU, and other Power 5 schools wanted him for Football.

I was stoked we got him for Basketball, he is gonna be a freak of an athlete for Iowa.

Kipper Nichols for St. Edwards must bone heck of a player, 22 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks. Another 6' 6" player, Also saw another Trice on Huber's roster, interesting.

Originally posted by GunnerHawk:

Kipper Nichols for St. Edwards must bone heck of a player, 22 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks. Another 6' 6" player, Also saw another Trice on Huber's roster, interesting.
Derek Funderburk also on the the St, Edwards team. Iowa interest. 6'9" PF. Probably tOSU commit.

oneeyedjakes94 posted on 3/28/2015...

Here's the box score from Friday Night's game._____________________________________________

Not exactly a stellar game for Wagner-I realize games like these are often low scoring with a lot of defense-wonder if the other team zeroed in on Wagner (i.e. double teams) to try to limit him.

The one thing that worries me about Wagner is his free throw shooting. Hopefully he can keep improving in that area.

Originally posted by crHawkeye92:
The one thing that worries me about Wagner is his free throw shooting. Hopefully he can keep improving in that area.
He has a nice looking stroke from the FT Line and he seemed to shoot ok in AAU action and last year. There was talk that his game regressed a bit this year due to him playing Football and he never really had a pre-season basketball camp/practices to sharpen his game.

Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

Originally posted by crHawkeye92:
He has a nice looking stroke from the FT Line and he seemed to shoot ok in AAU action and last year. There was talk that his game regressed a bit this year due to him playing Football and he never really had a pre-season basketball camp/practices to sharpen his game.

Paste this post somewhere for all the folks who are going to wish Ahmad would play football. No. He's not going to play football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT