ADVERTISEMENT

Wait…the people voting against McCarthy are doing so…

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
…because he “votes with Democrats too often”? Not because he’s a MAGA nut. But because he’s not enough of a MAGA nut? I just heard a couple of the Congress people voting against him stating that. They apparently want assurances that he’s not gonna continue to “vote with Democrats every time”.

Jesus.

I for one am absolutely shocked
I honestly was. I heard “McCarthy having trouble getting a majority of votes.” And my reaction was “Of course. He’s a MAGA nut.” Then they played video of a PA GOPer Rep saying, “We need assurances that he’s not going to keep being on the side of Democrats with every vote.”

Lol…wut?

…because he “votes with Democrats too often”? Not because he’s a MAGA nut. But because he’s not enough of a MAGA nut? I just heard a couple of the Congress people voting against him stating that. They apparently want assurances that he’s not gonna continue to “vote with Democrats every time”.

Jesus.
Is there a count on the nuts voting against him?

So who will they want Jim Jordan or the guy from Louisiana whose name escapes me?

Reactions: thewop
Maybe he's been lumped in with MAGAs by media/liberals but didn't deserve to be.

Begs the question...who WOULD goetz, boebert, etc. vote for that would be capable of getting a majority vote?

Reactions: srams21
Maybe he's been lumped in with MAGAs by media/liberals but didn't deserve to be.

Begs the question...who WOULD goetz, boebert, etc. vote for that would be capable of getting a majority vote?
The dude went down to Mar-La-Go to kiss the ring a few months or so after Trump did his best to overthrow an election. He was the first Republican leader to be seen with him. Calling him MAGA is fair.

The dude went down to Mar-La-Go to kiss the ring a few months or so after Trump did his best to overthrow an election. He was the first Republican leader to be seen with him. Calling him MAGA is fair.
Splitting hairs, but to Bidens point, maybe he's not "Ultra Mega MAGA," but certainly supports trump policy.

Seems that's why he's being voted against by goetz et. al.

Splitting hairs, but to Bidens point, maybe he's not "Ultra Mega MAGA," but certainly supports trump policy.

Seems that's why he's being voted against by goetz et. al.
Too corporate. Or wants to get a few things done. Instead of just being against anything that helps Biden.

He literally changed his tune on 1/6 three days after realizing MAGA’s supported the invasion.

Man, the Radical Right is fvcked up.
tenor.gif

McCarthy still doesn't have the votes after two rounds.

I don't care if the Dems get to put their guy in the seat. If McCarthy wins, there's no difference. He just plays nice to get a few concessions to get his expand the government spending bills passed.

I want to see someone with a backbone who isn't concerned first and foremost with his power and advancement. McCarthy ain't that guy.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
McCarthy still doesn't have the votes after two rounds.

I don't care if the Dems get to put their guy in the seat. If McCarthy wins, there's no difference. He just plays nice to get a few concessions to get his expand the government spending bills passed.

I want to see someone with a backbone who isn't concerned first and foremost with his power and advancement. McCarthy ain't that guy.
Well the guy they keep putting up is Jim Jordan. No thanks.

Better than McCarthy. And I'm pleased that my new representative, Byron Donalds, has entered the fray on Jordan's behalf. McCarthy is the consummate RINO, looking only for himself.
Jordan is a RINO and so is Trump.

Better than McCarthy. And I'm pleased that my new representative, Byron Donalds, has entered the fray on Jordan's behalf. McCarthy is the consummate RINO, looking only for himself.
Donald’s voted to object the electors in 2020. That’s a no, man.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Jim Jordan is an election denying, Rudy loving, insane conspiracy theorist. You think people like him and MGT are this nuts by birth or because they’re pandering to the nuts that are who keep them in office. You know…only looking out for themselves, by way of emboldening the craziest racist ass holes in the country.

OP I didn't get very many laughs with this one so you can have it/rewrite it/punch it up:

After today, you won't be able to accuse anyone of McCarthyism without them thinking you mean "operating a clusterf**k."

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
I think they should nominate satan. I bet he could get to 240. He would never vote with the Dems. A true **** your feelings Republican. Doesn’t have to be a member of Congress. He would play hardball.

Jim Jordan is an election denying, Rudy loving, insane conspiracy theorist. You think people like him and MGT are this nuts by birth or because they’re pandering to the nuts that are who keep them in office. You know…only looking out for themselves, by way of emboldening the craziest racist ass holes in the country.

Not sure I get your point here. Jordan and MGT (and Gaetz) are equally unacceptable to me. But we're seeing how our Republic is supposed to work right here. Democrats lead by acclimation; Republicans are doing it in a thought-provoking, acceptable process. Hopefully, a TRUE conservative will get the nod and take some steps toward changing the Swamp (not your football stadium, though).

Last edited:
Not sure I get your point here. Jordan and MGT (and Gaetz) are equally unacceptable to me. But we're seeing how our Republic is supposed to work right here. Democrats lead by acclimation; Republicans are doing it in a thought-provoking, acceptable process. Hopefully, a TRUE conservative will get the nod and take some steps toward changing the Swamp (not your football stadium, though).
Yeah, yesterday was not even remotely thought provoking. It was pure political theatre.

How are Jordan, MTG and Gaetz not acceptable but Donalds is? They are all election deniers.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT