ADVERTISEMENT

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

reddrox78

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2006
Johnston, IA
No!

US Senator John "Bluto" Blutarski

Do we have any shot at all? Like another thread mentioned, I too am very happy with how well the team has shown so far. Unexpected point totals already for Rhoads and Coop, and everyone else meeting expectations, or better (Gilman's tough loss aside).

At the very least, lots for us to watch and root for in the finals broadcast.

Reactions: 10ACHAWK
This thread title gets my vote for "of the year". Well played sir! Well played! Win, lose or draw today, in two weeks or two years... In my world, it is better to have been a HAWKEYE and lost then to have been anyone else and won. The pokes may still have the most total titles, but unless you are new to the sport and think that wrestling started just a mere 6 years ago you know that HAWKEYE Wrestling is special. It will be the barometer! GO HAWKS!!!

I am calling it now. All 6 PSU finalists lose. We win three individual titles and the team title.

Well, I don't know who US Senator John "Bluto" Blutarski is; but, this I do know, the Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbor.

Well, I don't know who US Senator John "Bluto" Blutarski is; but, this I do know, the Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbor.
tommy_lee_jones_66429.jpg

Just looked it up. I rarely watch any movies. Never saw Animal House.
I almost posted the same thing about Pearl Harbor b/c it I enjoy being intentionally obtuse at times. I honestly thought you were "playing along" and was going to commend you for your dry sense of humor.

The last time I even went to a movie theater was when Star Wars 3 came out. I just don't care for very many movies.

Hope you are joking...Or you have really been missing out. Should be required viewing in schools...especially now. Edit...saw that you weren't. The last movie you saw was Star Wars 3? No wonder you don't go to the movies that often. Animal House is a classic...a game changer.

Reactions: mstp1992
Without even thinking much about it, we can make a list of movies we quote to make it easier for Tx. Twstr. Obviously, Animal House.

1) Dumb and Dumber- "Like one in a million" response "so, you're saying there's a chance"
2) Ghostbusters- "Don't cross the streams" (and many more)
3) Caddyshack- "So I got that going for me, which is nice" and then "Check me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the Gophers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key"
4) Fletch-"Fellas, maybe you need a refresher course, it's all ball bearings these days"
5) Ferris Bueller's Day Off- "Anyone, anyone."
6) Spinal Tap- "This one goes to 11"
7) Vision Quest- (bunch of stuff about shoes)
8) Madacascar- "Smile and wave, smile and wave"
9) And recently- Apocalypse Now- "Charlie don't surf"

The last time I even went to a movie theater was when Star Wars 3 came out. I just don't care for very many movies.

I recall reading, in perhaps the first biography written about Gable published around 40 years ago, that on one of his first dates with the woman who became his wife, she dragged him to see his first movie in years -- The Sound of Music. Gable apparently found it dreadfully boring but nevertheless sat through the whole thing. Things we do for love. Texas Twister: You got nothing to be embarrassed about. You're in good company.

Without even thinking much about it, we can make a list of movies we quote to make it easier for Tx. Twstr. Obviously, Animal House.

1) Dumb and Dumber- "Like one in a million" response "so, you're saying there's a chance"
3) Caddyshack- "So I got that going for me, which is nice" and then "Check me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the Gophers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key"
4) Fletch-"Fellas, maybe you need a refresher course, it's all ball bearings these days"

10) the princess bride....
tot3p4x.jpg

Reactions: Vallholl

I've seen #2, #3, and #7. Didn't care at all for #7.

Ahem...think you are missing one in that lineup...

Reactions: mstp1992

Uhhhhhh, you forgot the greatest movie ever made.......Tommyboy! Theres to many quotes in that movie to even list

Reactions: Onceafish
I was thinking the German Shepherd dropped bombs the back yard. But maybe it could have been the Shikoku. All confused now.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT