ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve already played vs 5 of the 25 best WBB…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Players In the country per ESPN. 3 of them centers. Honestly there are only a handful of teams left that cause us matchup issues and those teams will have an equally difficult time keeping up with us up & down the floor and our spacing.

We are actually a significantly better rebounding team than a year ago. Our only real issue is we go to sleep on the 2nd chance rebounding from time to time, which is odd because we are the 7th best defensive rebounding team in the nation & 24th rebounding margin.

Our biggest issues for me is the fact that we get a little sloppy in the 3rd quarter in some games and that includes offensively.

I personally wish we’d take it to rack more early on and when we get in those lulls.

Last edited:
Players In the country per ESPN. 3 of them centers. Honestly there are only a handful of teams left that cause us matchup issues and those teams will have an equally difficult time keeping up with us up & down the floor and our spacing.

We are actually a significantly better rebounding team than a year ago. Our only real issue is we go to sleep on the 2nd chance rebounding from time to time, which is odd because we are the 7th best rebounding team in the nation & 24th in rebounding margin.

Our biggest issues for me is the fact that we get a little sloppy in the 3rd quarter in some games and that includes offensively.

I personally wish we’d take it to rack more early on and when we get in those lulls.
They have to keep the pace up as well. When they slow things down, they rely on Clark to do too much.

They have to keep the pace up as well. When they slow things down, they rely on Clark to do too much.

This x 1000! They just strangely slow down, then suddenly, not only is their pace slower, they still get trigger happy and launch 3-Ptrs, 10 seconds into the shot clock. And not just CC, I’ve seen Kate do it as well.

Then the next phase is, the other team makes some shots, everyone but CC gets gun shy and she is flying around like we are down 15 with 60 seconds to go, firing bombs….

As @littlez said, our 3 in conference games went exactly like that. Not so much the 1st K-st game but the other 3 for sure!

CM we might not agree on football but we agree on women’s basketball!

Yes good sir, we do. With that said, you’re a fine poster over there too. I know I can be a dick sometimes but quite frankly I think by now you know I’m OK with Kirk F moving on I just want to have the same kind of program and better.

I love every single nuance about our defense how we play it How we evaluate guys, the subbing, the rotation, the new guys the old guys everything about it I love!!

And when KF is gone so is it. I also don’t enjoy the constant theme, but it’s here as well and we have been top 10 for 2 years!!!

“Lisa screwed up…..”

“Its CC or bust….”

“Why is Gabby still playing…”

It sucks and detracts from what it’s supposed to be for me and that’s fun… And the disappointment is a part of life. You have to learn to live with it🤷‍♂️

This x 1000! They just strangely slow down, then suddenly, not only is their pace slower, they still get trigger happy and launch 3-Ptrs, 10 seconds into the shot clock. And not just CC, I’ve seen Kate do it as well.

Then the next phase is, the other team makes some shots, everyone but CC gets gun shy and she is flying around like we are down 15 with 60 seconds to go, firing bombs….

As @littlez said, our 3 in conference games went exactly like that. Not so much the 1st K-st game but the other 3 for sure!
From what I have seen, I am not sure there is any team in the country that can play at the pace Iowa does. The two bad things are, it leads to some poor decision making and bad turnovers.

Last edited:
From what I have seen, I am not sure there is any team in the country that can play at the pace Iowa does. The two bad things are that it leads to some poor decision making and bad turnovers.

Sigh….. and honestly you have to live with that 🤷‍♂️

From what I have seen, I am not sure there is any team in the country that can play at the pace Iowa does. The two bad things are, it leads to some poor decision making and bad turnovers.
Coach Bluder said, she knows their pace will lead to some turnovers, but she can live with that. She knows our pace wears other teams out by the fourth quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT