ADVERTISEMENT

We beat ourselves....next week is a MUST WIN Game for us to WIN Big Ten West as I see it...WE WILL!

ikesmail

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2005
Chicago
Let's face it, losing to anyone just stings, but to lose in a highly ranked "BIG GAME" just doesn't sit right when many of us feel we have the better team. I would say that we are able to play with anyone in the country except perhaps Ohio St., Alabama, Oklahoma, and Georgia right now. Our D would even likely keep us in "range" of all these teams....MAYBE... but not playing O like we did Saturday.

What's most frustrating I think to our O on Saturday was the lack of run game and of course 4 turnovers. The 4 turnovers were killers and also the penalties. Way too many mistakes to win this game, but still had many opportunities.

I think it's clear we did better when we can run the ball and I also think it's clear that Goodson is our best RB. We have the WRs and still TEs to make plenty of plays. I love Stanley, but he needs to throw the ball better on deep routes (too many underthrows) and know how to move better in the pocket but he also makes great throws and is so damn strong and smart he gets out of many sacks.

I really like this Iowa team and I expect to WIN Saturday night and WE MUST WIN in my mind to WIN the Big Ten West and get a shot at building a special team. Saturday is a BIG BOUNCE BACK to erase a tough loss and then we are back in the drivers seat at 5-1 and the opportunity to have a giant match-up at Wisky.

I'm calling a BIG offensive performance on Saturday night and a BIG IOWA WIN!

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News