ADVERTISEMENT

Wegher pro day at ISU

Originally posted by stevenpatrick:
Originally posted by nu2u:
I fail to see the cult of Western Iowans that still worship this loser.  He never did squat at Iowa, and his "explosiveness" never materialized for his one year at Iowa.  And there's more to his baggage than leaving Iowa after a year.  Anyone in the know acknowledges this.  There are many reasons he wasn't allowed to come to Iowa City for pro day.  And remember his time at Oklahoma?   For a week?  LOL

It's great that his 23 year old self dominated the teenagers he competed against while playing for Morningside.  But in my mind he isn't a Hawkeye.
Brandon Wegher rushed for 641 yards and gained 967 all-purpose yards as a freshman (3rd and 4th best all-time freshman in Iowa football history) and set a freshman school record eight (8) touchdowns.  In addition, Wegher led the team with 116 yards on 16 carries and scored 1 TD in Iowa's Orange Bowl victory over Georgia Tech.

No, he never did squat at Iowa.
He was in there mostly due to necessity because of injuries.  Not because of skill level or him passing everyone on the depth chart.  He also averaged almost a yard less per carry than Adam Robinson, a walk-on redshirt freshman.  And his one long run against GT in the bowl was mostly due to blocking and defensive scheme with GT having everyone up in the box.  Robinson would have busted the same run.  Weissman would have busted the same run. Paki O'Meara would have busted the same run.

His one handed grab against ISU wasn't skillful?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wegher was good, but he and Robinson would have shared back-up duties to a healthy Jewel Hampton.

Originally posted by Hawgk:
Wegher was good, but he and Robinson would have shared back-up duties to a healthy Jewel Hampton.
Bingo.

Yes swag, the one handed catch was fun to watch. And it's cute that you're still sticking up for your Sioux City brethren after all these years. But it still doesn't hide the fact that all that game-changing talent that Western Iowa was crowing about never came close to living up to hype. And the fact that he expected special treatment because he was A STAR

Originally posted by FlickShagwell:
And the fact that he expected special treatment because he was A STAR
Proof that he "expected special treatment?" I mean it's a fact and all. It'll be easy for you to provide a link...
Stevenpatrick doesn't know what he is talking about. He is just throwing crap against the wall just to see what sticks. He is always this way. Very little of what he says is true. When he says fact, he really means, "something I just made up".

I think for some reason, he has something against Wegher. I would be curious to hear the story. He constantly down plays Wegher's talent and bashes him every chance he gets.

Proof that he "expected special treatment?" I mean it's a fact and all. It'll be easy for you to provide a link...

Oh look, another Western Iowa Wegher groupie appears!
Wegher tried to live off campus freshman year, and went about attaining this goal in a very poor, cocky fashion. I would consider this searching for preferential treatment, especially since it was one of the many reasons he didn't stay in Iowa City.

I figured, with all your football player "friends" you crow about on here, this story would be old news to you.

stevenpatrick still has a boner for Wegher and no amount of reason will change his thick skull.

Originally posted by GarryO37:

Stevenpatrick doesn't know what he is talking about. He is just throwing crap against the wall just to see what sticks. He is always this way. Very little of what he says is true. When he says fact, he really means, "something I just made up".

I think for some reason, he has something against Wegher. I would be curious to hear the story. He constantly down plays Wegher's talent and bashes him every chance he gets.

Please bring up an example of me saying something untrue on here or the bball board. I would like an example. The story I told of Wegher was common knowledge around Iowa City and I am sure discussed on here at some point. I could go on and on about his attitude problems and its effect on the team, but I know that will just illicit name-calling from the Wegher fan club.
I am 100% positive I have broken more news on here than you and your other screen names combined. And it isn't hard to downplay his talent when your western Iowa cult hero averages less yards per carry than a freshman walk-on.

Wegher tried to live off campus freshman year, and went about attaining this goal in a very poor, cocky fashion. I would consider this searching for preferential treatment, especially since it was one of the many reasons he didn't stay in Iowa City.

I figured, with all your football player "friends" you crow about on here, this story would be old news to you.
Was it regarding Ferentz's 2 yr/2.5 rule? Must live in dorms for 2 years and maintain that GPA before can live off campus. Heard Ferentz does not allow any exceptions to that rule. Wegher's dad bought/build him a house in the development off Dubuque St that you can see from I80.

Originally posted by maric:

Was it regarding Ferentz's 2 yr/2.5 rule? Must live in dorms for 2 years and maintain that GPA before can live off campus. Heard Ferentz does not allow any exceptions to that rule. Wegher's dad bought/build him a house in the development off Dubuque St that you can see from I80.
Bingo

Originally posted by nu2u:

I fail to see the cult of Western Iowans that still worship this loser. He never did squat at Iowa, and his "explosiveness" never materialized for his one year at Iowa. And there's more to his baggage than leaving Iowa after a year. Anyone in the know acknowledges this. There are many reasons he wasn't allowed to come to Iowa City for pro day. And remember his time at Oklahoma? For a week? LOL

It's great that his 23 year old self dominated the teenagers he competed against while playing for Morningside. But in my mind he isn't a Hawkeye.
Brandon Wegher rushed for 641 yards and gained 967 all-purpose yards as a freshman (3rd and 4th best all-time freshman in Iowa football history) and set a freshman school record eight (8) touchdowns. In addition, Wegher led the team with 116 yards on 16 carries and scored 1 TD in Iowa's Orange Bowl victory over Georgia Tech.

No, he never did squat at Iowa.
He was in there mostly due to necessity because of injuries. Not because of skill level or him passing everyone on the depth chart. He also averaged almost a yard less per carry than Adam Robinson, a walk-on redshirt freshman. And his one long run against GT in the bowl was mostly due to blocking and defensive scheme with GT having everyone up in the box. Robinson would have busted the same run. Weissman would have busted the same run. Paki O'Meara would have busted the same run.
Adam Robinson only got 1yard/carry more than BW mostly due to blocking and defensive schemes. See how easy that was?

FWIW, they were both very good running backs and would have really shined if they had stayed for 4 years.

When have I ever "crowed" about having football player ""friends?""

Keep making stuff up though. It's all you're good for.
Your jersey chasing of DJK on here says otherwise, aside from other instances over the years. And are you conceding that what I "made up" earlier in this thread is actually true? I think you are.

Bingo.  

Yes swag, the one handed catch was fun to watch.  And it's cute that you're still sticking up for your Sioux City brethren after all these years.  But it still doesn't hide the fact that all that game-changing talent that Western Iowa was crowing about never came close to living up to hype.  And the fact that he expected special treatment because he was A STAR

But was it skillful?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Are you kidding? Ferentz had a healthy Jewel sitting behind guys. It was clear as day Jewel was the most talented back to anyone not on the coaching staff. Jewel did well by getting out.

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:

Are you kidding? Ferentz had a healthy Jewel sitting behind guys. It was clear as day Jewel was the most talented back to anyone not on the coaching staff. Jewel did well by getting out.
Jewel had just come back and both Wegher and Robinson had proven themselves in the season before. Jewel played, and he got injured in the Arizona game for the entire season.

There re is no telling what would have happened. Plus Wegher was already gone by this point. Before the season even started by the way.

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:

You are just a total whack-job! Seriously.
When people just make up there own events and then complain about them, that is a serious mental issue. They have medicines to make the voices stop!

2008- A 'healthy' Hampton sat behind Greene. Well he didn't really sit, he played quite a bit. Stupid coaches couldn't they tell that Hampton was the more talented back!!!
2009- Hampton got hurt BEFORE the season started. Would've been the starter. Didn't these dumba** coaches know that Hampton on crutches was more talented than Robinson and Wegher!!!
2010- Was listed 3rd string in spring ball as he was still recovering from knee injury. Was arrested in June and was facing a 1 game suspension, which meant no chance of passing Robinson and Wegher on the depth chart right away come fall. These coaches are complete idiots if they think they should suspend the most talented back for misconduct!!!
You need to go away and get help!
This post was edited on 4/2 4:37 PM by BuddyRydell

ADVERTISEMENT