ADVERTISEMENT

Weighted Vests and Backpacks

Anyone have any experience with stuff like this? I've talked about it a lot on here over the last few years that I do a lot of walking/hiking in the mornings before work. I'm looking to add a bit more to it to make it more difficult and burn some additional calories. I know "rucking" has become more popular lately, but their bags cost a pretty penny. Not sure why someone couldn't just use a regular backpack to put weights in.

Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Any OP's mom jokes will result in a gif punch.
WEAK!!!!

This is HORT, where we strap 50 lbs to our scrotes just to warm up.

testicles-lifting.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
Do you know how much respect I have for GoRuck for selling 10lb weights for $75 each?

God bless America.

I had a weighted vest for a while. I think you could make your own weight tubes by putting sand in a ziplock bag and putting that inside of a good quality sock. Just ziplock them all together and make a weighted scarf.

Lifehack.

It was surprisingly simple for me. After I had the xray done, the Dr gave me some simple stretches to do. I started doing then 2-3 times a day, and did "Wall Sits" every day. That stuff combined with my regular walking (well, I started at a mile a day and worked myself back up to 5ish miles a day now), got me back to a good spot. I know the nerve compression can be a bitch.

You're not wrong. The shoes I was referring to that are awesome are New Balance trail/walking shoes. I'll never stray away from them again.
Americas Got Talent Thank You GIF by Top Talent

Yeah you can basically just put any weight in any backpack. I have a rucksack with a 30 lb plate in it. I also add extra weight from time to time there's also a slot for a Camelback. I enjoy rucking. Last fall I rucked 24 miles in 24 hours(4 miles every 4 hours). just cause

Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral
Anyone have any experience with stuff like this? I've talked about it a lot on here over the last few years that I do a lot of walking/hiking in the mornings before work. I'm looking to add a bit more to it to make it more difficult and burn some additional calories. I know "rucking" has become more popular lately, but their bags cost a pretty penny. Not sure why someone couldn't just use a regular backpack to put weights in.

Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Any OP's mom jokes will result in a gif punch.
Hiking? Did McLame move to Colorado and I missed it or…….?

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
I need to get a new pair of shoes though. Good shoes are so important. If you have ever had plantar fasciitis, you understand
Cured my plantar fasciitis. Highly recommend them but requires you to have more of a forefoot rather than a heel strike.

Vibram-Fivefingers-V-TRAIL-2-0-Men-s-Sneaker-Cross-country-Non-slip-Running-Outdoor-Five.jpg

I've done ruck challenges, nothing crazy, 50 pounds 50 miles in 15 days type shit.

I really don't know a ton but I will say this about the pack, you want that thing to fit and be secure. The more stable you hold the weight the better and to buy a backpack capable of that you would likely spend much more than you would on a weight vest. Ive done it more for the survivalist side so it was about what you could carry not the act of carrying it though fwiw. I've used a shitty backpack and a old hiking pack I have had since I was in scouts. The crappy backpacks move and don't distribute the weight.

Shouldn't your big, fat Iowa beer belly be sufficient weight?
It was 3 years ago, but most of it's gone now. Maybe instead of getting a weighted pack, I should just start consuming beer in larger amounts again. Hmmmmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT