ADVERTISEMENT

Well, just saw the WIS game

hexumhawk

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
I was in Cancun all week; got their on Saturday and they didnt have any coverage and missed the game.

I just got around to watching it and I have to tell you, I dont think we played all that bad. Stanley had his worst day as a Hawk for sure and gave them pretty much two TDs.

Oline had a poor game but I was expecting worse when I saw the tweets and the yardage totals. There were a lot of drops and some holes to be had but RBs missed some of them.

Defense played really well.

Anyways, not doom and gloom as I had them at 7-5 before the year. They have the chance to go 8-4 with super close loses in 3 of those 4. Lots of young players getting game experience.

Reactions: RogerKint
I really don't know what you are watching if you didn't think we played bad unless you only watched our defensive snaps. Offense and Special teams were an unmitigated disaster. I have not seen us ever play that bad and I was around for the Jake Christiansen era.

We had 1 first down for the game and 14 total yards until something like 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter. We probably could have survived that if we had a decent punter and punt returner given all the turnovers and pick 6's we were gifted. Alas we have neither.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT