ADVERTISEMENT

We're #2 in the country, nobody respects us, and why that's a great thing.

TheWagerFund

HR MVP
Dec 10, 2017
We're #2 in the country, with an elite punter, a generational secondary who has picked off 16 passes in 6 games, a defense who has injured 4 quarterbacks, the best Center in college football in a decade, the most tenured coach in all college football, and somehow everyone thinks we're a fraud. Yet we still haven't and won't receive any respect as a legitimate contender to win it all this season.

Every self respecting gambler, and sharp watched our game against Penn State today. They all saw Sean Clifford play well in the first half and an anemic Iowa offense. They all think if Clifford played that entire game Iowa would have lost by 30. Did he get injured? Absolutely, but it's because we hurt him. We've now hurt 4 quarterbacks. Jack Campbell made a textbook tackle against him and clearly broke bones. Every one I've spoken to is telling me the same thing "I'm going to bet against Iowa for the rest of the year". Every analyst, every blue-blood team fan are all going to say the same thing.

I've been wagering sports for a long time, and perception is everything when it comes down to the line. As it relates to our actual team public and media perception leads to motivation. Our players are going to hear this, and they aren't going to like it. It's going to bring the team, the coaches, and the fanbase together. It's going to keep our team hungry. It's going to make our team want to prove people wrong.

I've actually never seen this happen in college football until now. A team is ranked #2 in the country and still a huge underdog in the eye of the media and public. This means that team has something to prove. In the KF tenure our highest ranked teams had egos, and those egos led to blowout losses like 44-7 @ Arizona State, 34-27 @ Arizona and numerous losses against Northwestern. After one of them KF even called our players "fat cats". That will not be the case with the 2021 Iowa Hawkeye Football Team.

I also know this, when an overwhelming amount of money is one side the other side tends to come out victorious. That will be the case with us in any big game the rest of the year and it will continue all the through the college football playoff if we get there. Because of that I think we could legitimately win the National Championship.

By the way, we would pick off Georgia's QB Stetson Bennett at least 3 times. He's extremely undisciplined, and Georgia is relatively devoid of WR talent. JT Daniels may be a different story.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News