ADVERTISEMENT

We're not gonna talk about the dead body found in Barack Obama's pond?

Masterprime

HB All-State
Jul 8, 2020

BREAKING: Massive emergency response in Martha's Vineyard after 911 call from Obama mansion​

Divers recovered the body of the 43-year-old male just before 10 am from Edgartown Great Pond, on which the Obama family's $12 million mansion lies.

BREAKING: Massive emergency response in Martha's Vineyard after 911 call from Obama mansion

The body of a paddleboarder who went missing on Sunday in the waters of Martha’s Vineyard has been found.

According to Massachusetts State Police, divers recovered the body of the 43-year-old male just before 10 am from Edgartown Great Pond, on which the Obama family's $12 million mansion lies.

"MSP Underwater Recovery Unit divers made the recovery after the victim’s body was located by a Massachusetts Environmental Police Officers deploying side-scan sonar from a boat," police stated.

The recovery was made around 100 feet from shore, where water was around eight feet in depth.

According to the Daily Mail, the 911 call and dispatch address for the incident was the Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard home. It is unclear whether the former president was staying at the estate at the time.

Police responded to the pond in the area of Turkeyland Cove at around 7:46 pm to a report of a male paddleboarder who had gone into the water. The man appeared to briefly struggle to stay on the surface, and then went under and did not resurface, police said.

Another paddleboarder had been with the male at the time and saw him go under the water.

Numerous agencies including Edgartown Fire and all island fire departments, local police, State Police patrols, Air Wing, and detectives, the Dukes County Sheriff’s Department, and the Coast Guard.

Searches continued through the night, but divers were unsuccessful. A pause was issued to allow dive teams, flight crews, and other responders to re-equip and assess next steps. The search was continued on Monday morning.

"Pond" is a bit of a misnomer. It's a much larger body of water than most people associate the word pond with:

cbdb06900819-FN_KForesto-3092-1900.jpg

cdn

It's basically a backwater of the Atlantic Ocean on the inland side of the beach.

It is almost 900 acres.
Well, you know what they say about guys with big ponds...

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
I get your logic but it clearly is called a "pond"
Well yeah, but this is something I first encountered when I visited Walden "pond."

When you read the book and are from the Midwest, you're like, "Oh, dude lived out by a couple acre little body of water in the woods or a field" when it's actually what we in this part of the country call a whole damn lake:

b2ffae79-45c5-4d39-900c-00fc27643ec3-waldenpond_NEW_.jpg

GettyImages-1277712857-1000x667.jpg

In the three states I've lived - Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois - this is a pond:

tranquil-summer-landscape-with-beautiful-river-woods-fields-and-green-hills-sunny-windless.jpg

rural-farm-scene-above-summer-landscape-aerial-sunny-day-189552576.jpg

Well, to be clear, they did not make their money practicing law. At all. Regardless of party, we have a big problem in this country with people going into public service and coming out swimmingly rich.
My point was the type of people who go to and succeed at Harvard Law (believe Barack finished near the top of his class and was the editor of the Harvard Law Review) are strivers and they are going to be elites.

I'm not putting a value judgement on it. It is just what it is.

Ok, we’ve had our fun and so now I’ll say it.

Not really.
I assume no clinton'ing took place here until evidence suggests otherwise. Most likely an unfortunate accident and the relation to Obama makes the location make sense too.

Reactions: Aardvark86
Well, to be clear, they did not make their money practicing law. At all. Regardless of party, we have a big problem in this country with people going into public service and coming out swimmingly rich.
He did sell a book or two and I would imagine he draws six figures per speaking appearance. But he did still get significantly wealthier while in office.

Reactions: Huey Grey

BREAKING: Massive emergency response in Martha's Vineyard after 911 call from Obama mansion​

Divers recovered the body of the 43-year-old male just before 10 am from Edgartown Great Pond, on which the Obama family's $12 million mansion lies.

BREAKING: Massive emergency response in Martha's Vineyard after 911 call from Obama mansion's Vineyard after 911 call from Obama mansion

The body of a paddleboarder who went missing on Sunday in the waters of Martha’s Vineyard has been found.

According to Massachusetts State Police, divers recovered the body of the 43-year-old male just before 10 am from Edgartown Great Pond, on which the Obama family's $12 million mansion lies.

"MSP Underwater Recovery Unit divers made the recovery after the victim’s body was located by a Massachusetts Environmental Police Officers deploying side-scan sonar from a boat," police stated.

The recovery was made around 100 feet from shore, where water was around eight feet in depth.

According to the Daily Mail, the 911 call and dispatch address for the incident was the Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard home. It is unclear whether the former president was staying at the estate at the time.

Police responded to the pond in the area of Turkeyland Cove at around 7:46 pm to a report of a male paddleboarder who had gone into the water. The man appeared to briefly struggle to stay on the surface, and then went under and did not resurface, police said.

Another paddleboarder had been with the male at the time and saw him go under the water.

Numerous agencies including Edgartown Fire and all island fire departments, local police, State Police patrols, Air Wing, and detectives, the Dukes County Sheriff’s Department, and the Coast Guard.

Searches continued through the night, but divers were unsuccessful. A pause was issued to allow dive teams, flight crews, and other responders to re-equip and assess next steps. The search was continued on Monday morning.

Does Obama own the pond?

Speaking alone can make millions.
Only if someone is wildly overpaying. There is no insight given by these kind of people at these kind of speeches that is worth anything near that. Period. I’ve sat through them.

Corruption can, in fact, occur after the fact. Most of the deals pols find their way into would be criminal convictions in the health care space.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT