ADVERTISEMENT

West Des Moines man faces assault charges after threatening University of Iowa health care workers

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001

A West Des Moines man is facing charges of harassment and assault after threatening health care professionals at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, authorities say.

Tyler Jacob Summers, 32, is accused of threatening and assaulting the health care professionals Sunday at 5 p.m., according to a criminal complaint.

“The defendant threatened multiple health care providers with death, individually, and the hospital in general by threatening to blow up the facility,” according to the complaint.

Summers also used two weapons in an attempt to stab multiple victims while yelling “I’ll kill you” and “I’ll die fighting,” according to the complaint. A defense shield was used to approach and subdue the defendant.

According to the complaint, Summers spit on multiple victims and kicked a one twice in the groin.

Summers is also facing a charge of second-degree criminal mischief, a Class D felony. He is accused of destroying a medical-grade critical care bed while being restrained by health care professionals, according to a criminal complaint.

The charges Summers is facing include two counts of first-degree harassment, aggravated misdemeanor; assault with intent to inflict serious injury, aggravated misdemeanor; and assault on persons in certain occupations, serious misdemeanor.

Summers is being held on a $5,000 cash or surety bond.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk

A West Des Moines man is facing charges of harassment and assault after threatening health care professionals at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, authorities say.

Tyler Jacob Summers, 32, is accused of threatening and assaulting the health care professionals Sunday at 5 p.m., according to a criminal complaint.

“The defendant threatened multiple health care providers with death, individually, and the hospital in general by threatening to blow up the facility,” according to the complaint.

Summers also used two weapons in an attempt to stab multiple victims while yelling “I’ll kill you” and “I’ll die fighting,” according to the complaint. A defense shield was used to approach and subdue the defendant.

According to the complaint, Summers spit on multiple victims and kicked a one twice in the groin.

Summers is also facing a charge of second-degree criminal mischief, a Class D felony. He is accused of destroying a medical-grade critical care bed while being restrained by health care professionals, according to a criminal complaint.

The charges Summers is facing include two counts of first-degree harassment, aggravated misdemeanor; assault with intent to inflict serious injury, aggravated misdemeanor; and assault on persons in certain occupations, serious misdemeanor.

Summers is being held on a $5,000 cash or surety bond.

He's totally never going to regret the neck tats when he gets older.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I got assaulted by a drunk patient, got exposed to his blood and the county DA wouldn’t press felony charges, the city convicted him of a misdemeanor though. I was so pissed

I'm no IMCC, but the tats at least don't appear to be some white supremacy thing. He probably knows his prison tats.
One looks like the Rolling Stones lips, and on his chest appears to be the top of a woman from 1900?
@IMCC965

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT