ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia

Defensively they are tough. Not sure they will be able to press Iowa like they did Princeton, especially if Stulke is able to run the floor.
Exactly, and their defense better be REALLY good, because all of these teams seem to really struggle scoring the ball. HC was supposed to be really good on D as well statistically and we put up just one bucket under our average with 91. They give up 57 a game, and Thursday it was 47? Not sure any of these early teams can hold Iowa to a point where they can outscore us.....

While WV is aggressive and quick on defense, they are still going to need to score at least 75 or 80 to be in the game and I doubt they can do this. Common opponents: Beat Penn State 83-65, split with ISU, winning 84-78 and losing 74-64, and lost both games to KState, losing 73-64 and 65-62. Thinking it will be a 20+ point win for the Hawks, 80 something to 60 something.

Reactions: jdw10224405
West Virginia wants to send Caitlin Clark packing. They walloped Princeton by ten. One of WV's top players is a 5-8 guard. I think the Hawkeyes eke out a win somehow. Maybe by Hannah Stuelke having a big night. Maybe by Clark going for 30 points, 15 assists, a dozen boards, 4 steals and 3 blocks. Anyway, I do think Iowa has a chance.

Reactions: Moral
The only packing the Hawks will be doing is for Albany. A lot of games have been close in the first half with the Hawks pulling away in the 3rd quarter for the win, I'd expect the same tomorrow.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
They are going to overplay for steals and defending the 3. Fake passes and runs toward the hoop will go a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT