ADVERTISEMENT

Western FL Panhandle - Shotgun Houses

TC Nole OX

HB Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Those of you who live up that way... what towns besides Pensacola and Mobile, AL have a lot of these houses? I know there are quite a few in New Orleans and in Louisiana but I don't think I want to go that far west.

Those of you who live up that way... what towns besides Pensacola and Mobile, AL have a lot of these houses? I know there are quite a few in New Orleans and in Louisiana but I don't think I want to go that far west.
St George Island has it’s share.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
@DFSNOLE ....is this guy giving solid advice? I need to put one of these under my stove. One of the few things on my house that isn't complete hackery is the foundation. Whoever did that, other than a handful of piers along that back that have spalling brick, did high quality work.

Pier Foundation - how its made

Pier And Beam repair underneath the house

@DFSNOLE ....is this guy giving solid advice? I need to put one of these under my stove. One of the few things on my house that isn't complete hackery is the foundation. Whoever did that, other than a handful of piers along that back that have spalling brick, did high quality work.

Pier Foundation - how its made

Pier And Beam repair underneath the house
Other than the number of and placement of the rebar, what he did is correct and good. I would place at least to sets of rebar and if it's only one, placing it at the bottom of the pour doesn't add much to the integrity of the foundation.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Orlando GC who specializes in old houses. He’s doing this in a 1918 house. My house is a year older. I’m doing this in January and February while it’s cold.

I doubt the insurance savings numbers he mentions are still accurate. I’m not doing this for the insurance savings.

Money Saver: Wind Mitigation Upgrades

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT