ADVERTISEMENT

Wet Wednesday Drinking thread

A

anon_ts5cfra6drv7r

VFXqDrY_d.jpg

What’s your poison tonight?

I drank about 50 of those at the press hotel at the last Outback Bowl. They were giving them away on New Years Eve to the reporter contingent from Iowa. Marc Morehouse almost started a fight with some jackass Ohio State fans who crashed the party and were obnoxious. Then I lost my phone in Dochterman’s hotel room. Somehow, I ubered back to my hotel in Clearwater and had no memory of the ride the next day.

Good times!

I drank about 50 of those at the press hotel at the last Outback Bowl. They were giving them away on New Years Eve to the reporter contingent from Iowa. Marc Morehouse almost started a fight with some jackass Ohio State fans who crashed the party and were obnoxious. Then I lost my phone in Dochterman’s hotel room. Somehow, I ubered back to my hotel in Clearwater and had no memory of the ride the next day.

Good times!

Before TWxW and I split, we had a cheer trip for our oldest in Orlando. TWxW’s folks were along for the trip. I don’t have an exact count, but I tried my hardest to drink a hundred of them in 5-6 days. It was fun trying.

Reactions: torbee

Good times!

Is Dochterman a good guy? I read about every single thing he has on The Athletic, except occasionally after a loss when I don't want to rehash it.

That said, it's a solid beer, I feel like there's not many southern beers that make it up this way. Sweetwater Brewing is about the only other one I can recall.

Reactions: jellyfish10

Good times!
This is by far the sneakiest IPA I’ve had. You can points a ton with the taste and finish but they hit ya and leave a bitching hangover. I had to spend 2 months in Fort Lauderdale last winter and lived off this stuff. So damn good.

Good times!
This story would be cooler if Bob Brooks was doing coke off a hookers ass.

third base brewing, in cr, 22nd anniversary party

all stout variants
Communist Daughter (Orange) Imperial Stout with pumpkin puree, gingerbread cookies, and candied pecans. Aged in bourbon barrels

Communist Daughter (Black Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels with espresso and pure maple syrup

Communist Daughter (Red Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels with espresso

Communist Daughter (Gold Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels

they had a few doppelbocks also but i had to drive home so didnt try any of those

third base brewing, in cr, 22nd anniversary party

all stout variants
Communist Daughter (Orange) Imperial Stout with pumpkin puree, gingerbread cookies, and candied pecans. Aged in bourbon barrels

Communist Daughter (Black Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels with espresso and pure maple syrup

Communist Daughter (Red Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels with espresso

Communist Daughter (Gold Wax) Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels

they had a few doppelbocks also but i had to drive home so didnt try any of those
They had some decent hazy/New England style ipas not too long ago. Notice any of those on tap?

Is Dochterman a good guy? I read about every single thing he has on The Athletic, except occasionally after a loss when I don't want to rehash it.

That said, it's a solid beer, I feel like there's not many southern beers that make it up this way. Sweetwater Brewing is about the only other one I can recall.
Doc is very good people. He and I go way, way back. He was sports editor at the Muscatine Journal back in the late 90s when I worked there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT