ADVERTISEMENT

What’s a band or musical artist that is highly regarded but bores you?

Radiohead post OK Computer. I loved their first 3 albums and think the Bends and OK Computer are amount the best albums made in the 90s.

Then they dropped Kid A and Amnesiac to massive fan and critic praise and I was and still am confused by it all. Hate both albums despite multiple attempts to get it. And the rest of stuff after never matched those first three albums though every release is always praised by critics and fans.

Cliffs notes 1990s Radiohead - amazeballls
2000s Radiohead boring and overrated.

Beatles
Rolling Stones
AC/DC

What's funny about AC/DC for me though is at Kinnick I get chills every time when Back in Black hits during the tunnel walk. Outside of that I immediately turn the station or skip the song if AC/DC comes on.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I just got back from Dead and Company at the Sphere because my wife and son wanted to see them. I'm not a big fan but wanted to see the sphere. My wife gets offended if I fall asleep at a concert because she assumes everyone will think I'm black out drunk. I had a total of 4 drinks from 5 to 11. They played 16 total songs in 3 hours and 25 minutes.

I just got back from Dead and Company at the Sphere because my wife and son wanted to see them. I'm not a big fan but wanted to see the sphere. My wife gets offended if I fall asleep at a concert because she assumes everyone will think I'm black out drunk. I had a total of 4 drinks from 5 to 11. They played 16 total songs in 3 hours and 25 minutes.
I've never understood the appeal of them either.

The majority of the music discussed here does nothing for me. I wouldn’t consider myself a music snob at all, but from the Beatles to the Stones to U2, I can do without any of them. I do like the Grateful Dead however.

Radiohead post OK Computer. I loved their first 3 albums and think the Bends and OK Computer are amount the best albums made in the 90s.

Then they dropped Kid A and Amnesiac to massive fan and critic praise and I was and still am confused by it all. Hate both albums despite multiple attempts to get it. And the rest of stuff after never matched those first three albums though every release is always praised by critics and fans.

Cliffs notes 1990s Radiohead - amazeballls
2000s Radiohead boring and overrated.

In Rainbows was good.

Radiohead is also a surprisingly good live band. Some of the post-OK Computer stuff comes to life live.

I don't understand the appeal of Limp Bizkit or Post Malone.

As well as all country acts not named Chris Stapleton.

I saw them there in May as well. Holy cow do their shows drag on. Like hearing the same song for 4 hours straight. The visuals were insane and worth the visit tho. The opening clip of Haight Ashbury and aerial view of the Bay Area was amazing.

Reactions: Urohawk
Grateful Dead.

I don't dislike them, but they are kinda boring at times. Jerry Garcia was a brilliant guitar player though.
I actually liked The Jerry Garcia Band and some of his non Grateful Dead stuff better. Like solo stuff with John Kahn and David Grisham. His acoustic tour with JGB in 1987 was awesome

Reactions: darylhawk
Beatles
Rolling Stones
AC/DC

What's funny about AC/DC for me though is at Kinnick I get chills every time when Back in Black hits during the tunnel walk. Outside of that I immediately turn the station or skip the song if AC/DC comes on.
I agree with Beatles and the Stones, but AC/DC is an awesome group.

• Sad
Reactions: Tunadog
Grateful Dead. Went to a couple of shows with my buddy who's a huge Dead fan to give it a fair shot. The best part was walking through the parking/party areas before the show. (both were outdoors). The show itself...a big snoozer. The old cliche' about Dead fans needing to be high as f*** has a ring of truth to it.

Jimmy Buffet
Basically any Metal band that people might describe as highly regarded
Luke Combs
Khruangbin
Steely Dan
Foo Fighters, post 1999

Reactions: kwik44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT