ADVERTISEMENT

What’s a food you like that the rest of your family thinks is disgusting?

Three I can think of for me:

Braunschweiger
Sardines
Pimento cheese

What about you?
Your family's not wrong.
Sad Michael Scott GIF

How do you eat sardines? Cooked? Just raw from the can to the mouth? Is it an acquired taste or did you like it from the start? I have liked tuna from the can. I wonder how much it varies. I would like to get the health benefits.

My grandpa always ate them. Straight from the can onto a saltine. Delicious. As I've gotten older I like the mustard ones better. I normally upgrade the cracker too (Club/Ritz)

How do you eat sardines? Cooked? Just raw from the can to the mouth? Is it an acquired taste or did you like it from the start? I have liked tuna from the can. I wonder how much it varies. I would like to get the health benefits.
Straight out of the can. I like some hot mustard on the side. The bones are too small and soft to matter.

Reactions: Mister_Man
Sushi - my family is all very traditional southern, bordering on midwestern. Steak, hamburgers, tacos, spaghetti, etc - you know, "normal stuff". I've gotten them to try more different foods over the years - for my 18th birthday I got them to take me to a middle eastern restaurant which was a big deal for them. I've gotten some of them to at least try sushi, but they'll never, ever like it.

Grits - Not sure why, but no one in my family never got into eating grits, so I'd never had it growing up. Now, though, I really like grits. I've gotten some family to try them and they say they like them, but still not something they'd ever cook or order on their own.

If I had a time machine to the 1980s, statements about Pizza Hut would have meant an ensuing brawl.

But post 1990:

il_fullxfull.3772933533_99sw.jpg

Does that mean you're a slut for Pizza Hut?

I think it depends on your age. To me early 90s Pizza Hut was a personal pan that was all mine. I got it with BookIt stars on my button. Those personal pans were f'ing awesome.

They started shitting the bed (pun kind of intended) around Stuffed Crust

Not really anything, because I am a fussy eater. I always have been, dating back to when I was a little kid - but I distinctly remember that as a kid one of the very few things I would eat was Braunschweiger, which is absolutely mind-boggling. If you only eat three things, how in the hell can the three be bananas, peanut butter sandwiches, and Braunschweiger?

Loaded baked beans on the smoker. Fresh onions, jalapenos, pulled pork, and bacon mixed in for about 1.5 hours on there. It's friggin delicious. The wife (no pics) thinks its alright, but she's never liked baked beans so she doesn't appreciate it as she should.

That's the only thing I can think of though. For the most part we enjoy all the same food.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT