ADVERTISEMENT

What’s a food you like that the rest of your family thinks is disgusting?

Loaded baked beans on the smoker. Fresh onions, jalapenos, pulled pork, and bacon mixed in for about 1.5 hours on there. It's friggin delicious. The wife (no pics) thinks its alright, but she's never liked baked beans so she doesn't appreciate it as she should.

That's the only thing I can think of though. For the most part we enjoy all the same food.
Coming from the guy that doesn't like party potatoes

• Angry
Reactions: McLovin32
Does that mean you're a slut for Pizza Hut?

I think it depends on your age. To me early 90s Pizza Hut was a personal pan that was all mine. I got it with BookIt stars on my button. Those personal pans were f'ing awesome.

They started shitting the bed (pun kind of intended) around Stuffed Crust
Maybe 1995 instead of 1990. I LOVED the personal pan pizzas until pizza became more of a mom and pop specialty. In Sioux Falls, former Iowa State football players opened a new pizza place called....Andolinis. (?) The pizza was round but the slices were squares. It is maybe the best pizza I have had to date. They got too popular and grew too fast.

Literally 75% of my diet. Wife and daughters are very picky eaters. If I could pick a couple things they would eat it would be seafood and mushrooms. One kid won’t try hardly anything. Won’t eat salad. She’s nuts.

Mushrooms is another one. No one in my family will eat them except me.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Gyros. Pussies......worried about the lamb. And they don't like the Tzatziki saucesor feta cheese.

Heathens
Couldn't begin to count the number of gyros I shoveled down hammered on the ped mall. Give me one anytime, anywhere.

Lots of Braunschweiger callouts, must be the German roots. My old man loved that stuff...I eventually developed a taste for it too.

Pizza Hut back in the day was as good as you could possibly do for an after-little league meal/party. The pizza buffet, the red plastic cups, the sit down Galega game. That place was great!
All In The Family Singing GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Oysters on the Half Shell. Although my 12 year old did eat one recently in FL. He said it was "OK". I load mine up with cocktail sauce and horseradish. I could eat a dozen by myself.
Back in the day, my buddies would get together for a bonfire oyster and beer fest.
We would get a bushel of oysters off the dock, build a big fire and throw a grate over it. We would load the grate up with oysters and pull them off when they popped open.
Grilling them creates a leathery flavor filled nugget.
Shuck those babies and dip them into melted butter or lay it onto a saltine with hot sauce.
Many others were sucked right off off the half shell…

Back in the day, my buddies would get together for a bonfire oyster and beer fest.
We would get a bushel of oysters off the dock, build a big fire and throw a grate over it. We would load the grate up with oysters and pull them off when they popped open.
Grilling them creates a leathery flavor filled nugget.
Shuck those babies and dip them into melted butter or lay it onto a saltine with hot sauce.
Many others were sucked right off off the half shell…

Tallahassee was great for that. Fresh oysters harvested that morning and at the keg party that night. You don't know how good you've got it until it's gone.

Reactions: billanole
Tallahassee was great for that. Fresh oysters harvested that morning and at the keg party that night. You don't know how good you've got it until it's gone.
Yeah, we mostly went to either Spring Creek, St George Island, or Eastpoint to buy a burlap sack filled with a fresh bushel. You could meet the boat on the dock and get a sack for $5.
Now, the lack of water going into Apalachicola Bay has basically destroyed the entire fishery there.

Reactions: The Tradition
Yeah, we mostly went to either Spring Creek, St George Island, or Eastpoint to buy a burlap sack filled with a fresh bushel. You could meet the boat on the dock and get a sack for $5.
Now, the lack of water going into Apalachicola Bay has basically destroyed the entire fishery there.

Yup. Now we're getting "fresh" Virginia oysters at seafood restaurants in Florida. 🤪

I hate corn. Which was problematic growing up in Iowa.

As far as something I like that the rest of the family hates…corned beef hash (kind of ironic). My wife and daughters are weird.
I support your anti-corn stance. I make exceptions for popcorn and corn on the cob slathered in butter and salt, but overall it ain’t great.

How do you eat sardines? Cooked? Just raw from the can to the mouth? Is it an acquired taste or did you like it from the start? I have liked tuna from the can. I wonder how much it varies. I would like to get the health benefits.

In the South you typically just eat them 1) straight from the can or 2) drained with Publix deli mustard and maybe some hot sauce and a little mayo and mushed with a fork and then spread on a cracker. I’m fine with them either way.

Biscuits and gravy. I made it once thinking the kids might like it and had to eat it for three straight days as nobody would touch it.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Only the popcorn exception for me.

Creamed corn is the most disgusting concoction known to man.
I used to think so until my coworker introduced me to her recipe. 16 oz frozen corn, 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 package of cream cheese. Throw in crockpot for a couple hours on low. Stir. It’s ridiculously good.

• Sad
Reactions: Tenacious E
I hate corn. Which was problematic growing up in Iowa.

As far as something I like that the rest of the family hates…corned beef hash (kind of ironic). My wife and daughters are weird.
OMG I love corned beef hash when it’s been done in a skillet until it gets a crust and then you put a poached egg on top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT