ADVERTISEMENT

What About Greenfield, IA, jo? Biden admin announces $7.7B student debt handout for 160K borrowers

I'm sure Greenfield will be offered federal dollars, Kim will turn it down, then Kim will offer them about a 1/10 of what the feds offered and call it a massive win.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Isn’t this the relief that happens every year for public workers and people who have been paying for 25 years?

200w.gif

I’m glad I don’t have to live within a budget or pay my bills. WTF is going on in this world? I didn’t realize people were forced to go to college and pay their debts. We went to college, paid our debts, had a family, made sacrifices to save money for our kids to go to college so they didn’t have any debt while going to college or afterwards.

Then I get to hear I’m not paying my fair share of taxes yet have never gotten a hand out from the government and don’t want one. Next I’ll hear I don’t deserve or need my social security funds when I retire because I’ve funded my retirement by doing the right things in saving money my entire life by working hard to climb the ladder with all the business’s I’ve worked at morning, noon, night, and weekends to provide a better life for me and my family.

I’m tired of rewarding people for not planning or doing the things they should to be better prepared for all of life’s expenses. Nothing is free in this world and someone has to pay for it all. Just tired of the bs and trying to buy votes with actions like this.

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I’m glad I don’t have to live within a budget or pay my bills. WTF is going on in this world? I didn’t realize people were forced to go to college and pay their debts. We went to college, paid our debts, had a family, made sacrifices to save money for our kids to go to college so they didn’t have any debt while going to college or afterwards.

Then I get to hear I’m not paying my fair share of taxes yet have never gotten a hand out from the government and don’t want one. Next I’ll hear I don’t deserve or need my social security funds when I retire because I’ve funded my retirement by doing the right things in saving money my entire life by working hard to climb the ladder with all the business’s I’ve worked at morning, noon, night, and weekends to provide a better life for me and my family.

I’m tired of rewarding people for not planning or doing the things they should to be better prepared for all of life’s expenses. Nothing is free in this world and someone has to pay for it all. Just tired of the bs and trying to buy votes with actions like this.
This is exactly what 0boma promised his marxist minions he would do when he said, "I'm going to fundamentally change America." 12 of the last 16 years have seen he and jo running with that playbook to turn America into a sewer.

Student loan balances can increase over time under a variety of circumstances:

• Interest accrues during periods of forbearance, and for some loans, even during in-school deferments and post-graduation grace periods. As a result, many student loan borrowers enter repayment already owing thousands of dollars more than they originally borrowed.
  • Advocates have contended that student loan borrowers were sometimes wrongfully steered into forbearances, rather than appropriate repayment plans, by their loan servicers, leading to explosive balance growth.
  • Certain federal student loan repayment plans do not necessarily result in reducing a borrower’s balance. Graduated repayment plans, especially on longer repayment terms, may only cover ongoing accruing interest during the initial phase of repayment; it may be years before borrowers start paying off principal. And borrowers on income-driven repayment plans may not have payments that are ever high enough to cover interest accrual, leading to runaway balance growth for years.
  • Outstanding interest can be periodically capitalized, or added back on to the principal balance, in a variety circumstances, which has a significant compounding effect.
  • Defaulting on federal student loans can result in massive financial penalties as high as 25% of the overall loan balance in some cases.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCainer
Student loan balances can increase over time under a variety of circumstances:

• Interest accrues during periods of forbearance, and for some loans, even during in-school deferments and post-graduation grace periods. As a result, many student loan borrowers enter repayment already owing thousands of dollars more than they originally borrowed.
  • Advocates have contended that student loan borrowers were sometimes wrongfully steered into forbearances, rather than appropriate repayment plans, by their loan servicers, leading to explosive balance growth.
  • Certain federal student loan repayment plans do not necessarily result in reducing a borrower’s balance. Graduated repayment plans, especially on longer repayment terms, may only cover ongoing accruing interest during the initial phase of repayment; it may be years before borrowers start paying off principal. And borrowers on income-driven repayment plans may not have payments that are ever high enough to cover interest accrual, leading to runaway balance growth for years.
  • Outstanding interest can be periodically capitalized, or added back on to the principal balance, in a variety circumstances, which has a significant compounding effect.
  • Defaulting on federal student loans can result in massive financial penalties as high as 25% of the overall loan balance in some cases.
So these were all secrets when they took out the loans?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT