ADVERTISEMENT

What are some cool YouTube channels you watch?

Feb 9, 2013
I’m not a pilot, but stumbled across this channel Pilot Debrief. An ex-USAF pilot details crashes and analyzes what went wrong. Even looked at stuff like Lynyrd Skynrd’s crash. He did a good one recently on the Dallas air show B-17/P-63 crash last year.

Really interesting and well done. Definitely makes you not want to ever get on a small plane again.

Any others?

I’m not a pilot, but stumbled across this channel Pilot Debrief. An ex-USAF pilot details crashes and analyzes what went wrong. Even looked at stuff like Lynyrd Skynrd’s crash. He did a good one recently on the Dallas air show B-17/P-63 crash last year.

Really interesting and well done. Definitely makes you not want to ever get on a small plane again.

Any others?
I tried to google to try to help but all I got was Brazilian Waxing. That may be influenced by prior searches my buddy made on my iPad.

with football season getting ready to kick-off I've been back to daily tOSU podcasts. If you're interested in true crime than That Chapter & Coffeehouse Crime are pretty good.

Building and renovation

Perkins Builder Brothers

Cooking

Brian Langerstrom
Babish
Sip and Feast
Weissman
That Dude Can Cook
Smoking and Grilling with AB
Jack Owens
Ethan Chlebowski

Endever documentaries
Free documentary

Golf DFS

Degenerate 75
Tyler Tambo
Pat Mayo
Tour Junkies

Ishitani woodworking

Any others?

I really enjoyed TIKHistory’s Stalingrad series:

Also has a great series, much shorter, on Operation Crusader:

Just love the maps and detail on the action.

Several golf. ( good good, grant horvath, *bryson breaking 50 is legit)

2 bee keeping

Rut daniels

Midwest flyway

Whitetail habitat solutions.

No Bob Does Sports for golf? Amateur (although Good Good is alright). Although it appears you have a bromance with Grant Horvath. I'm more of a Garrett fan

Gaming
RBT
TMartn2
Bordeaux
ChizPlays

Food
StrictlyDumpling/Mikey Chen
Mark Wiens
Joshua Weissman
Best Ever Food Review

Travel
Noel Phillips
Nate and Kara (RAGBRAI series was great)
Jeb Brooks
Outdoor Boys

Misc
Mr Beast
Airack
Ryan Trahan
Will Tennyson
Safiya Nygaard

Last edited:
No Bob Does Sports for golf? Amateur (although Good Good is alright). Although it appears you have a bromance with Grant Horvath. I'm more of a Garrett fan

Gaming
RBT
TMartn2
Bordeaux
ChizPlays

Food
StrictlyDumpling/Mikey Chen
Mark Wiens
Joshua Weissman
Best Ever Food Review

Travel
Noel Phillips
Nate and Kara (RAGBRAI series was great)
Jeb Brooks
Outdoor Boys

Misc
Mr Beast
Airack
Ryan Trahan
Will Tennyson
Safiya Nygaard
BDS is great and another in the stable.

Rick shiels( sp) is another great golf one.

Last edited:
I subscribe to roughly 30 different channels, but I don't know if I'd describe them as cool. Most of them are nerdy repairs type contributors that also have a sense of humor about what they do. I also tend to lean towards contributors that haven't completely sold out to having their channel sponsored.

That being said, Pole Barn Garage (KC metro), Junkyard Digs (Ames area), and Watch Wes Work (NW Illinois) are probably my favorites because they're midwest based. I also really enjoy Sarah-n-tuned's stuff a lot because (see below...).

I like the channels that aren't some huge TV show production. The less "outside contributors" I see in the content, the better.

One trend I have noticed about a lot of the channels I subscribe to is Youtube is REALLY cracking the whip on them with regards to content. Several of my favorites - it's pretty apparent that they do nothing but channel related work 7 days a week, 365 days per year. One channel, Sarah-n-tuned - she literally never, ever takes a day off her auto projects yet also never takes on sponsorship. I watch her do all the work herself, every day, busting her ass to create content. There's an authenticity to her stuff that appeals to me big time. There is no huge production company backing her...everything you see, she does it all.

Imagine starring in a half hour hit TV show that cranks out a new show every week where you're the star, producer, director, writer, cinematographer, editor, agent, advertiser, manager...you do literally EVERYTHING YOURSELF. There are no days off. You have zero personal life. That's all you do because if your goal above all is to be successful yet maintain control of every aspect of your channel, you really do have to do everything yourself.

Any others?
I like kill Tony.

Building and renovation

Perkins Builder Brothers

Cooking

Brian Langerstrom
Babish
Sip and Feast
Weissman
That Dude Can Cook
Smoking and Grilling with AB
Jack Owens
Ethan Chlebowski

Endever documentaries
Free documentary

Golf DFS

Degenerate 75
Tyler Tambo
Pat Mayo
Tour Junkies

Ishitani woodworking
Was just going to post Perkins builder brothers. Great channel, frequent content, generally high quality and they just seem like really down to earth good people. If you have any interest in construction I highly recommend this.

Edit: one other construction type show which is very different in pacing is Martijn Doolard. He is a Dutch guy that bought several acres of land with old barns in the Italian alps and is now a couple years into rehabbing them into his homestead. Great cinematography and a very relaxing pace. Almost no commentary…mostly just him working on his property. Good thing to watch as you wind down for the night.

Misc. Infotainment

Dr. Mike
Legal Eagle
Mentour Pilot
Mark Rober

History

Epic History
Kings and Generals
HistoryMarche
EarlyAmerican
CynicalHistorian
Brandon F
Mark Felton Productions
The Armchair Historian

Comedy

Holderness Family
Dude Dad
Fire Department Chronicles
Josh Johnson
Russell Howard

Music

Postmodern Jukebox

Was just going to post Perkins builder brothers. Great channel, frequent content, generally high quality and they just seem like really down to earth good people. If you have any interest in construction I highly recommend this.

Edit: one other construction type show which is very different in pacing is Martijn Doolard. He is a Dutch guy that bought several acres of land with old barns in the Italian alps and is now a couple years into rehabbing them into his homestead. Great cinematography and a very relaxing pace. Almost no commentary…mostly just him working on his property. Good thing to watch as you wind down for the night.

Thanks. I’ll check that one out.

I love the Perkins guys. Appear to do it right. Fun group to watch. Beautiful area they get to build in.

Nothing specific to contribute as I don't subscribe to anything, but I do find myself occasionally going down solo oceanic sailing videos rabbit holes occasionally.

I love the idea of being so isolated relying only on your sailing skills and mother nature.

Hell of a way to see the world too - some of the stories from overnight ports of call and the shady situations people can find themselves in is intriguing as well.

Seeing all the whales, dolphins, sea birds, etc is awesome too.

Hopefully I am understanding the request correctly. :) I routinely view:

Outdoors with the Morgans
Chasing Giants with Don Higgins
Anything with Mike Rowe, "The Way I Heard It" being one title.

Meanwhile, there are several intriguing entries in this thread. Thanks fellas!

Oh, I forgot one...Hartung Family Farms.

Nothing specific to contribute as I don't subscribe to anything, but I do find myself occasionally going down solo oceanic sailing videos rabbit holes occasionally.

I love the idea of being so isolated relying only on your sailing skills and mother nature.

Hell of a way to see the world too - some of the stories from overnight ports of call and the shady situations people can find themselves in is intriguing as well.

Seeing all the whales, dolphins, sea birds, etc is awesome too.
Those are really cool. There’s a guy named Sam Holmes who’s been all over the world by himself. Crazy!

Reactions: stillh8unlv
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT