ADVERTISEMENT

What Does Kamala Bring to the Presidency?

Jesus. She has worse spokespeople than Biden and Trump. This is bad. The next president is afraid to do an unscripted interview because she’s a complete fvcking idiot. Great.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Here's what Borowitz said about Obama. Does Kamala have any tricks up her sleeve?

In the first two weeks since the election, President-elect Barack Obama has broken with a tradition established over the past eight years through his controversial use of complete sentences, political observers say.

Millions of Americans who watched Mr. Obama's appearance on CBS's 60 Minutes on Sunday witnessed the president-elect's unorthodox verbal tic, which had Mr. Obama employing grammatically correct sentences virtually every time he opened his mouth.

But Mr. Obama's decision to use complete sentences in his public pronouncements carries with it certain risks, since after the last eight years many Americans may find his odd speaking style jarring.

According to presidential historian Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota, some Americans might find it "alienating" to have a president who speaks English as if it were his first language.

"Every time Obama opens his mouth, his subjects and verbs are in agreement," says Mr. Logsdon. "If he keeps it up, he is running the risk of sounding like an elitist."

The historian said that if Mr. Obama insists on using complete sentences in his speeches, the public may find itself saying, "Okay, subject, predicate, subject predicate -- we get it, stop showing off."

The president-elect's stubborn insistence on using complete sentences has already attracted a rebuke from one of his harshest critics, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska.

"Talking with complete sentences there and also too talking in a way that ordinary Americans like Joe the Plumber and Tito the Builder can't really do there, I think needing to do that isn't tapping into what Americans are needing also," she said.

Maybe if she sat down and actually explained her new policy positions and why she flipped on her old ones, I'd get a better sense of what she'd "bring to the presidency". I won't hold my breath though...she has no reason to put herself in that dangerous situation with most of the media currently working for her campaign.

Ironic that you used Obama's 60 minutes interview in framing your question.
It wouldn't matter what her policies are, you're a Trumpster for life.

• Haha
Jesus. She has worse spokespeople than Biden and Trump. This is bad. The next president is afraid to do an unscripted interview because she’s a complete fvcking idiot. Great.

So . . . the CNN guy thinks the most important thing is why Kamala isn't giving an interview to CNN.

I, on the other hand, listened to what she said and perked up when she said Kamala was getting ready to speak on how she's going to take on corporate gougers on Friday.

He could have pivoted to that. Something that's actually interesting rather than wasting our time implying that the VP of the US has nothing better to do than get interviewed by hacks like him.

SMH

• Haha
Maybe if she sat down and actually explained her new policy positions and why she flipped on her old ones, I'd get a better sense of what she'd "bring to the presidency". I won't hold my breath though...she has no reason to put herself in that dangerous situation with most of the media currently working for her campaign.

Ironic that you used Obama's 60 minutes interview in framing your question.
I'd like to hear answers to those questions, too. But I fear you are right that the Dems won't be fleshing out too many policies. I live for policy discussions, so I'll be disappointed if that's the case. But these days, Americans are so dumb that articulating a sensible policy on anything merely invites gotcha attacks and nonsense.

When your opponent specializes in mudslinging and lies, it's dangerous to try to explain, for example, why addressing climate change makes more sense than "drill, baby, drill."

I don’t get the obsession with interviews in this race. Are there things people are hoping to hear that will sway their votes one way or the other? No.

The choice is clear. No need to do anything other than what is currently working. There is time for interviews if it later makes sense.

I don’t get the obsession with interviews in this race. Are there things people are hoping to hear that will sway their votes one way or the other? No.

The choice is clear. No need to do anything other than what is currently working. There is time for interviews if it later makes sense.
I like interviews, but I think the reason we're having them at the moment is that Trump is afraid of another debate, but is OK with soft-serve interviews. As long as he's doing them and Kamala isn't, it works to Trump's advantage.

I like interviews, but I think the reason we're having them at the moment is that Trump is afraid of another debate, but is OK with soft-serve interviews. As long as he's doing them and Kamala isn't, it works to Trump's advantage.
These aren’t working to Trump’s advantage. He looks more idiotic with each one and is not changing any minds.

I think the media loves them. Few others truly care., IMO.

As I said before, she is pivoting to the center. It is what she has to do to win and I’m all for it. Better that than an ultra progressive agenda and it improves the odds Trump never sees the oval again.

Also, please post your frustration with every other politician who pivoted to get elected like:
  • Trump: literally switched parties, changed his stance on abortion and so many other topics
  • Vance: compared Trump to Hitler then got on board the MAGA train

What Kamala is doing is not unique.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT