ADVERTISEMENT

What happened in Muscatine yesterday?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
A lot of Ugg slip ons were worn by the Cherokee tribe back in the day.

I kind of get what they were going for judging by their comments after the parade, but nothing during the parade indicated that for any bystander to comprehend.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Reactions: HawCory
A lot of Ugg slip ons were worn by the Cherokee tribe back in the day.

I kind of get what they were going for judging by their comments after the parade, but nothing during the parade indicated that for any bystander to comprehend.
What were their comments after the parade? I didn't see that in the article.

Very racist, who ever approved them to take part in the parade should be held accountable.
That’s not how parades work. They aren’t required to give a full outline of what they’re going to do when they submit for entry. They just pay the fee and say who they are. I’m guessing whoever they are isn’t something that would sound bad.

What were their comments after the parade? I didn't see that in the article.
From the article…
GMCCI President & CEO Brad Bark spoke to the group following the parade, and we can assure the community this will not happen again. The group stated that their intention was to pay homage to the Cherokee Nation on how unjustly they were treated.

Reactions: DooBi
From the article…
GMCCI President & CEO Brad Bark spoke to the group following the parade, and we can assure the community this will not happen again. The group stated that their intention was to pay homage to the Cherokee Nation on how unjustly they were treated.
Gracias. I missed it when I read the article. I would like to hear more details from them but probably won't.

From the article…
Repeating the unjust treatment is an interesting way to pay homage.

Not much effort to represent the intent of this admittedly misguided display. Outrage sells better than understanding I suppose.

It is amusing to me that there is so much pearl clutching and hand wringing over the poor middle class white parade watchers that suffered the trauma of having to see this horror for 3 minutes with zero mention or concern over the plight of the indigenous that was being symbolized.

Seems like they illustrated their point PERFECTLY, no?

Reactions: JMNSHO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT