ADVERTISEMENT

What is good about the Portal?

hooper56

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
I have heard a lot of talk about how horrible the Portal is. And if I was a coach I don't think i would like it one little bit. However I wonder if it will be good for players regardless if they use it or not. It seems to me that coaches will have to work harder to keep their players happy. That is, if so and so is not getting any playing time, the coach is going to have to be communicative with the player or he is going to leave. I don't think coaches necessarily want to do that and they often just string kids along and frankly, lie to them about their future prospects with the team. How many kids have worked really hard only to get token minutes with promises of future playing time, only to get recruited over. I think the Portal is going to bring a new honesty between coaches and players, and that could be a very good thing. Coaches will have to be very careful about benching players for disciplinary reasons as that player could get to be dissatisfied and decide to leave. From now on there will be two types of recruiting. One is to find new talent to replace the seniors and the other is to re recruit your current roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News