ADVERTISEMENT

What is our YAC for our wr’s?

herkyhawk00

HB Legend
Jan 28, 2008
This is not just this year either. It is the last several years, I am considering that I am looking at.

Can anyone find what our YAC for our receivers is? This doesn’t include our TE because most of his YAC are on the one passing play that has worked in our offense, the play action, that was usually wide open.

I think it is important in an offense to look at stats and see what our YAC is. Maybe I am wrong, but I don’t feel it has been even close to competitive with other schools. Contrary to what others say, we have had speed an athleticism at the wr position over the years. The lack of YAC would indicate a flaw in the scheme and possibly shed light on the types of routes we continue to run.

We continue to run routes to the flats with little to no room to advance. That is part of football. I understand that, but is ours excessive? I have said for years that we tend to avoid the middle of the field unless we are passing short 5 yarders to a back or TE doing a quick slant. We avoid the mid level crossing routes, which IMO are the toughest to cover and also allow for the greatest amount of YAC.

Maybe I am off. Maybe my frustration just demands more production. I watch a lot of college football games and teams over the course of a season, however, and it sure seems like YAC are much more noticeable than with ours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News