ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Scoop on Minnesota?

Ripcord280

HB All-State
Aug 30, 2016
I feel it is hard to tell three games in against mostly weak competition, but what do you guys think of them?

I really have little idea what they have except the most eccentric coach in college football.

all I want is a win. I am not looking for or expecting a repeat performance fromthe infamous Metrodome Delight of 16 years ago, but if there is a repeat performance planned, I'd kind of like to be there. It might be more interesting than the game itself.

I feel like every game going forward we will have to play nearly flawless football to have a chance to win. ISU is not a good team. We lost to them. I feel like it’s gonna be a long season.

Reactions: 2D_
Minnesota has played about the same level of competition we have. They lost to the one P5 team they played, so did we.

I feel it is hard to tell three games in against mostly weak competition, but what do you guys think of them?

I really have little idea what they have except the most eccentric coach in college football.

all I want is a win. I am not looking for or expecting a repeat performance fromthe infamous Metrodome Delight of 16 years ago, but if there is a repeat performance planned, I'd kind of like to be there. It might be more interesting than the game itself.
The BTN football analysts said Minny does not have as potent a running game as in past years. This is good as Iowa I think can stop their run game pretty well.

I am not sure what they have for a passing game.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I feel like every game going forward we will have to play nearly flawless football to have a chance to win. ISU is not a good team. We lost to them. I feel like it’s gonna be a long season.
ISU probably has the second best qb we’ll see this year.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
ISU probably has the second best qb we’ll see this year.

ISU is currently a top 25 team and will likely compete for a Big 12 championship and a spot in the CFP (albeit due to an incredibly weak schedule). They could easily be a 10-win team.

Reactions: Torg
Interesting game. Offense is miles ahead of last year. Secondary has been less than enthusiastic. Passing game will probably improve as mostly inexperienced receivers, and everyone only 3 games into a new and obviously different offense become more comfortable with their respective roles. Maybe the second-best runner of the Ferentz years, a potential Heisman winner so good run blocking will keep Iowa in most games. Secondary needs to improve but why should we think they won't improve?

The boys could fail but there's no reason to expect that result. The usual result would see and 8 or 9 win season. That's a good winning record at a really small school. Iowa hasn't had a losing record since 2013, and 2014 was the last 7 win season, I think.

Under Fleck historicaly they have been a run first and pass second offense. Most years that plays to our strength, including this year. Our Offense will probably win or lose this game. They are probably equals to ISU defensevely. Don't do everything to lose like we did vs. ISU we win by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT