ADVERTISEMENT

What Kamala Harris Has Said About Reparations for Black People

So?

The native tribes continue to be impacted living on worthless land called reservations.

The Japanese Americans compensated were actually interned in camps.

Nobody alive today was slave.

The June 19 Holiday is more than enough recompense for something that didn't impact todays blacks.

Stop your nonsense.
It cracks me up how it's so easy for you to be a racist douchebag. Enjoy your day, red neck patriot.

Many people feel differently than you about reparations being a holiday.

Our government has given large parcels of land and tax exempt status to native tribes, billions of dollars to Japanese Americans, and a June 19 holiday to African Americans.
I see all of this with a bit of nuance. The U.S. government was the primary perpetrator of these actions and the lands/properties in question are identifiable and quantifiable.

There is no doubt that black people were enslaved and treated as chattel, but most of these actions were taken by individuals who profited on the backs of their free labor. I would be on-board with civil suits being drawn where descendants of slaves could draw lines between them and their slave owners to become claims for reparations. I'm also not opposed to much of the affirmative action rules that were in place to level the playing field given the systemic inequalities that are ingrained in many of today's socials constructs.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
I see all of this with a bit of nuance. The U.S. government was the primary perpetrator of these actions and the lands/properties in question are identifiable and quantifiable.

There is no doubt that black people were enslaved and treated as chattel, but most of these actions were taken by individuals who profited on the backs of their free labor. I would be on-board with civil suits being drawn where descendants of slaves could draw lines between them and their slave owners to become claims for reparations. I'm also not opposed to much of the affirmative action rules that were in place to level the playing field given the systemic inequalities that are ingrained in many of today's socials constructs.
Yeah, I could probably get on board with that as well. I'm not 100 percent in support of paying reparations, but I can certainly understand the argument.

The Chinese were enslaved to build the railroads, equally were the Irish. Where do we stop with the woah is me mentality?

Nobody alive today owned a slave and nobody alive today was a former slave. Let's just let them celebrate their June holiday and move on.

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT