ADVERTISEMENT

What one place have you been that you would tell others to see before you die?

noleclone2

HB Legend
May 4, 2015
I am sure we have some folks who have been to amazing places.

Mine would be the Virgin Islands, especially the British. Was a bit blown away. Felt like I was in the Mediterranean exploring the Greek Isles. Amazing sailing and diving plus some nice mountain vistas as well. And a mere 2.5 hour flight from Miami.

Only attempt the tubing experience on the hottest days of the summer with no threat of t-storms.

Reactions: noleclone2
Only attempt the tubing experience on the hottest days of the summer with no threat of t-storms.

River closed for tubing due to slow moving water...

Beartooth highway NE entrance to Yellowstone from Red Lodge, Montana.

photo8jpg.jpg
e333bd12c105c50aabd0afa9806630af.jpg

Last edited:
Moraine lake, Alberta Canada.

Sadly, foamhenge (life size styrofoam replica of Stonehenge near natural bridge va) no longer exists.

Reactions: Scott559
I have seen :
1) the Eiffel Tower twinkle in the moonlight…..,
2) I have walked and golfed the fairways of St. Andrew’s (Old) and Carnoustie….
3) I have sung “Sweet Caroline” with 36k other Red Sox fans in the 8th inning at Fenway….
4) I even once had my daughter tell me , “Dad, I knew you’d find my Little Pony for me…..”

I think I have seen or heard about everything I could reasonably expect to see or hear in one’s life time……

The whole "golden triangle" of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur was a really amazing experience.

Not just the Taj Mahal, but the palaces and forts, the Hawa Mahal (palace of winds), and the Qutub Minar monument.

I would definitely recommend everyone try and experience that.

Reactions: noleclone2
Venice. Go once and never go back. Go and admire the beauty of the architecture, the bridges, the winding streets and alleys, the churches, and the canals. But the throng of humanity crowding every square inch of the place is just too much.

soybean is right; Lake Tahoe, especially while skiing. I am fortunate that I get to ski in Colorado every year and the beauty of the Rockies is breathtaking. At least that's what I thought until I saw Lake Tahoe. Absolutely nothing like it.

Middle of nowhere Alaska. I really couldn't tell you exactly where it was, but we flew via helicopter for two hours, west of Anchorage. We set down next to a turquoise blue lake and collected glacier ice for the coolers. After that, we flew through the mountains to a remote hunting and fishing outpost. No roads. No city lights. No planes flying overhead. Nothing but nature for God knows how far every direction. It was there that I saw the Northern Lights for the first time. I admit that I wept. It was beautiful.

Kinnick Stadium on opening day is beautiful.

Tough call on the others. Zion was spectacular. Sorento, Italy was surreal. Many hiking trips to Glacier, never gets old. I'm one of those "it's just a big hole" guys when it comes to the Grand Canyon. Probably should have taken longer but it seems like you never really get the enormity of it from the rim.

We've probably blown too much of our money on trips but we never regret the experience. It's a pretty incredible planet.

Last edited:
I am sure we have some folks who have been to amazing places.

Mine would be the Virgin Islands, especially the British. Was a bit blown away. Felt like I was in the Mediterranean exploring the Greek Isles. Amazing sailing and diving plus some nice mountain vistas as well. And a mere 2.5 hour flight from Miami.
Big sur
Grand canyon
Normandy including cemetary

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
Beartooth highway NE entrance to Yellowstone from Red Lodge, Montana.

photo8jpg.jpg
e333bd12c105c50aabd0afa9806630af.jpg

That second pic makes my palms sweat just looking at it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT