ADVERTISEMENT

What one place have you been that you would tell others to see before you die?

Never made sense to me that the basically uninhabitable planet of Hoth, gets the system named after it. FVCKING Lucas.

FxqinlY.gif

Reactions: noleclone2
Big sur
Grand canyon
Normandy including cemetary
We just did Normandy last week when we were there for the Olympics. The cemetery was incredibly moving. The voiceover reading off the names of the fallen as you leave the visitors center was haunting. It was a great reminder that without their sacrifice we wouldn't be enjoying an international party in a free Paris with amazing food and drink, watching our favorite sport on its biggest stage.

I thought this inscription was perfect:

Only if you’re stupid or lazy.
Hacking Yellowstone for beginners:
If you're a hiker who is going to put in big miles, you will often see very few people. I've been on a 20-mile hike on a nice day in July and saw a maximum of 10 other people on the trail all day, including the woman who ran past us up Electric Peak while we were just trying to catch our breath every 2 minutes.

If you're not a big hiker:
* Get up early in the morning. Dress in layers because it's chilly. The wildlife are active early in the morning and the boardwalks that are packed with people later in the day are empty.
* Between 10:00 and 4:00, go for a short hike, eat lunch/chill/siesta in a picnic area near a river or lake, and/or take care of chores (laundry, groceries, etc.).
* Things begin to thin out after 4:00. At dusk, the wildlife becomes a lot more active again and the boardwalks are sparse again.

Reactions: mnole03
Anything different seems to be the only requirement.

Countless number of people would take pictures of the sun coming up over the corn fields with a light fog every morning of RAGBRAI and you could hear many comment how beautiful it was. My thought was “BFD I see that everyday”.

Nights in the Boundary Waters in Northern Minnesota - beautifully remote

Banff National park in Alberta - Stunning

Victoria (and all of Vancouver Island), British Columbia

Sitting on the porch of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI

The beaches of the emerald coast of Florida

Savannah, GA riverwalk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT