ADVERTISEMENT

What Sentence Would You Give the 3 Proud Boys Convicted of Seditious Conspiracy for Their 1/6 Activities?

I heard that the maximum sentence is 20 years. Why not the death penalty?

Personally, I'm inclined to give them the maximum.

I don't like using people to send a message, but I'd make an exception for this sort of thing.

I hope these aren't the only folks we can hold accountable at this level.
I'm the opposite - I think that punishment is only a deterrent if other bad guys see that it's swift and painful.

Reactions: MitchLL
its-simple-lock-57aa1db9f6.jpg

I'm the opposite - I think that punishment is only a deterrent if other bad guys see that it's swift and painful.
You're not wrong. But I generally feel the punishment should fit the crime. People shouldn't be punished extra to send additional messages to other people.

But that happens in the real world. And this is one of those times when I'm sort of OK with it.

The death penalty isn’t an option for seditious conspiracy in the U.S.

Proud boys was started as a joke by the old radio duo of Opie & Anthony.

It’s a case study of the trappings social media can create in the minds of the lonely and mentally ill.

Similar to what attracts people to gang culture.

Maybe they have become self aware of their stupidity but like many crazies, I doubt it.

I heard that the maximum sentence is 20 years. Why not the death penalty?

Personally, I'm inclined to give them the maximum.

I don't like using people to send a message, but I'd make an exception for this sort of thing.

I hope these aren't the only folks we can hold accountable at this level.
Imagine sacrificing 20 years of your life in prison for Donald Trump lmao

We should monetize it to help with the deficit.

I suggest selling lotto tickets where the winner gets to throw the lever on the gallows or electric chair.

I have no interest in that, but you know a lot of people would.
Didn't take you for a death penalty guy...

Didn't take you for a death penalty guy...
I'm not. But if you can measure the level of civilization by how few crimes receive capital punishment - and I think that's one pretty good measure - then I have to admit we aren't that civilized.

So I'm personally opposed, but am willing to discuss exceptions. Formerly, the main exception I was willing to accept is for public officials who significantly abuse their office.

Attacking the Capital in an attempt to subvert democracy is another one.

Note that I wouldn't support the death penalty for attacking the Capital to save democracy. And, yes, I would allow the 1/6ers to argue that they were doing that. I can't see how that argument would succeed, but they'd get a chance to plead that case.

Have they announced when their music collaboration with Trump will be released?

Reactions: ironside1
The last thing that should happen is to make the martyrs. Prison, mandatory counseling and enough community service to last two lifetimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT