ADVERTISEMENT

What upsets do we need to still make the Men's NCAA tourney?

I do. You don’t want to see us dancing?

I saw Rodgers still has us as the 5th team out. Is there ANY chance we sneak in? Nebraska (who we destroyed) wins the btt, Iowa st wins the big 12, that would improve the NET ranking quite a bit. Seton hall is right on the bubble and we have the head to head over them.
Have you been paying attention to all the conference tournaments this past week?

Indiana State is gonna get knocked out and they deserve a bid more than we do.......

Reactions: QChawks
Everyone that will actually make them better next year. I don't know about Perkins. He won't make them worse if he returns, I know that and he will be better than nobody. I'd like to think Harding can take over that role next year though.
I guess I'll have to wait and see who returns, who leaves (Mulvey?) and if they add anyone noteworthy via portal.

Iowa is going to be super young next year. Can Ladgi and Tadjo step up? Can PSandfort become a scorer like Dix? So many questions.

Reactions: BioHawk
I do. You don’t want to see us dancing?

I saw Rodgers still has us as the 5th team out. Is there ANY chance we sneak in? Nebraska (who we destroyed) wins the btt, Iowa st wins the big 12, that would improve the NET ranking quite a bit. Seton hall is right on the bubble and we have the head to head over them.
No, there is no chance Iowa "sneaks in". Zero. Zilch. Give it up.

Well, technically not zero chance. There is also the remote possibility multiple teams decline an NCAA bid, or multiple teams are wiped out in airplane crashes before tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to wait and see who returns, who leaves (Mulvey?) and if they add anyone noteworthy via portal.

Iowa is going to be super young next year. Can Ladgi and Tadjo step up? Can PSandfort become a scorer like Dix? So many questions.
They definitely have a lot of work to do over the offseason if they want to be as good as I think they have the potential to be next year (doesn't mean I think they will be great, I just think they are capable of being great). Hopefully riding the NIT bus this year provides the fuel to motivate them enough to work hard over the next 8 months. And yeah, Sandfort has to step up and be the emotional leader for the team to keep it together. They need his experience next season. I saw signs of him doing it this year, hoping he can do it full time.

They definitely have a lot of work to do over the offseason if they want to be as good as I think they have the potential to be next year (doesn't mean I think they will be great, I just think they are capable of being great). Hopefully riding the NIT bus this year provides the fuel to motivate them enough to work hard over the next 8 months. And yeah, Sandfort has to step up and be the emotional leader for the team to keep it together. They need his experience next season. I saw signs of him doing it this year, hoping he can do it full time.
Is Sandfort a leader, though?........I know he tries to be.

But is he the leader Iowa needs........or just the one we got?

Reactions: 83Hawk
He's the one we've got, but he needs to grow into it more for sure. Some leaders are just born that way, others have to learn how to do it. I would say most have to learn how to do it, actually.
Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT