Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hummer

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • EV with multiple bumper stickers

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Write in.

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
I have 2 pickups and the wife drives an Infiniti G37S convertible. One PU is a 2004 Dodge Ram that me and the neighbor use for hauling wood or whatever else needs to be hauled. The kids use it for their needs as well. The other is a Ford F150 we use to haul stuff to NE IOwa in the S/S/F as well as a boats and campers. That is the wifes winter driving vehicle.

Am I doing it wrong? BTW the Infiniti is parked in the winter, and no pics of TBW.
Are the trucks jacked up with balls hanging off the hitch? If no, you’re good

dodge-stratus.gif

Corvette Convertibles used to just scream "an old guy with gold chains and a comb over and an open silk shirt"
But the new Corvettes are just so cool looking they've moved past that.
I used to drive Corvettes, roughly from my 30's and into my early 50's. I owned several over those years.

My last Corvette was traded for a Cadillac quite a few years back, but ... yes, it did have my name on the license plate. (Those eleven votes shown above are coming right to me.) The girl I later married saw this and walked up to me and asked me to come look at her car. She turned out to have a Corvette herself with her last name on the license plate. We celebrated this coincidence and our shared narcissism over dinner that night and we are still together 35 years later. No more fast cars, no more motorcycles, and very little fast living. Our primary vehicle these days is an age-appropriate European sedan. I have no gold chains. My silk shirts come from Brooks Brothers and always have. I keep them buttoned all the way up. My hair does just fine on its own.

You are ever so right about the new Corvettes. Those are frigging gorgeous!

Last edited:
I can’t help but shake my head at the people who drive trucks like this to their downtown office job and are forced to navigate the cramped parking garages. Just totally impractical and screams insecurity about…something.

They are extremely common here in the south. Business executives will drive extended cab/extended bed trucks to work. A lot of people here view driving anything other than a big truck as a statement that you are not manly.

My vote is guys with nice new pickup trucks who drive them to their office job and use them for nothing more than hauling a few bags of mulch or maybe a new grill from Home Depot every spring.
Life was a lot simpler all the way around when new and newer used pickups were bought by those that had a real need. Their aged pickups were bought by people who might occasionally have a need for a pickup bed and tended to also double as a spare vehicle or "beater" for a new driver in the family.

I don’t question the manhood of anyone based on their vehicle. Heck, I drive a Prius to work and as a commuter car. Our minivan is also a hybrid. However, I also own a F250 to pull our fifth wheel. You never know what other vehicle someone may have.
I have a pickup truck and BMW.

Everyone hates me :)

Can’t believe no one has mentioned Jeep drivers. Silliest car cult ever, and screams, “I just want to belong!”.

Although, I don’t have much room to talk as I drive a Fiat 500 Abarth that’s been nicely modded.
I have a 93 Jeep Wrangler that I bought new. It's stock except for the alloy wheels, and LED headlights and tail lights. I bought it because I needed something with utility. I discovered the 'club' later.

I've had 2 Corvettes, a C3 and a C5. I loved both. No personalized plates though. I mostly just drove them to the golf course. The C5 was a gift from my wife at the time (no pics), so there wasn't any insecurity there.

Last edited:
They are extremely common here in the south. Business executives will drive extended cab/extended bed trucks to work. A lot of people here view driving anything other than a big truck as a statement that you are not manly.
Those are often the same guys who load up that truck on Saturday morning with tailgating supplies and head to their college stadium. If you live in the South (or even some B10 areas) you know this is true. The interstate is full of them at 7AM with the flags flying.

Yes, I think it's decked out full-size trucks for non-truck guys - i.e. no farming, no real estate or construction business, non-hunters, don't own land or a cabin or a camper. Just city-slicker, salaried, desk-jockey commuters with full-size trucks. I don't get it.

Years ago I noticed that, at least in my area of the midwest, a majority of professional well-paid dudes stopped buying Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 series, and Audi A6s for the most part, and instead own F150s and Silverados/Sierras with luxury packages, premium leather, etc. The local country club parking lot is a sea of fancy pickup trucks.

Like others have pointed out, most of these vehicles are kept spotless and never do much hauling, except for golf clubs and fancy bicycles.
This. I’m in a nice leafy affluent suburb of St. Louis, where there’s a ton of professional types (attorneys, doctors, Investment bankers, c-class execs, etc.) and at the same time there’s a ton of these decked out trucks driven by folks who have zero need for a vehicle of this type. I just watch it all from the seat of my little Honda Accord and smh.

This. I’m in a nice leafy affluent suburb of St. Louis, where there’s a ton of professional types (attorneys, doctors, Investment bankers, c-class execs, etc.) and at the same time there’s a ton of these decked out trucks driven by folks who have zero need for a vehicle of this type. I just watch it all from the seat of my little Honda Accord and smh.
Is it really any different, though, from back in the day when people drove big boats like these?

1971-Cadillac-Coupe-De-Ville-RF.jpg

main-qimg-e9e3448c00feef4c818ca53f2a4ace61-pjlq

002.jpg

I'll be honest, a super-decked out, high end F-150 or Chevy Tahoe is a fantastically comfortable, spacious and nice vehicle to ride around in, even if you don't need its functional capabilities.

I had a Honda Accord. I loved it -- was a nice driver, comfortable enough and never a single mechanical issue. But if I was heading out on a road trip tomorrow anywhere over 50 miles or so, I'd prefer to be in one of these:

Yes, I think it's decked out full-size trucks for non-truck guys - i.e. no farming, no real estate or construction business, non-hunters, don't own land or a cabin or a camper. Just city-slicker, salaried, desk-jockey commuters with full-size trucks. I don't get it.

Years ago I noticed that, at least in my area of the midwest, a majority of professional well-paid dudes stopped buying Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 series, and Audi A6s for the most part, and instead own F150s and Silverados/Sierras with luxury packages, premium leather, etc. The local country club parking lot is a sea of fancy pickup trucks.

Like others have pointed out, most of these vehicles are kept spotless and never do much hauling, except for golf clubs and fancy bicycles.
Sounds like a good choice to purchase from when they go to trade.

Having a good laugh with Gohox in another thread and it got me thinking. If you are driving down the road and see one of these vehicles listed, which one makes you immediately question that persons manhood?
I was just about to click on your poll. Then I was like oh oh, this is a trap thread haha. Sitting this one out :)
If it makes you feel any better, some one in senior management bought a Lamborghini Urus. Personally, I think it looks like a turtle but that's me.

I was just about to click on your poll. Then I was like oh oh, this is a trap thread haha. Sitting this one out :)
If it makes you feel any better, some one in senior management bought a Lamborghini Urus. Personally, I think it looks like a turtle but that's me.
All those shallow domed SUVs look the same. It could be a Kia, it could be the Lexus, it could be the jaguar.

Personalized plates?

The most balls I've seen on trucks happened to be in Logan, Utah. Almost every truck had truck nuts.

Reactions: 3boysmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT